Transferred from malware removal help forum - Freezes and multiple crashes

ralphyde

Having more bluescreen dumps today, partially aggrivated by more than 50 updates from Windows Update just today.

Also, still unable to zip the Minidumps, due to lack of read permission.  Anybody know how to restore proper settings?
I believe settings were changed by malware at sometime within the last few months, to avoid detection.

And still wondering about these Vista Driver downloads.  Are they legit?  Are they worthwhile?

http://www.driverupdate.net/articles/download_theme/windows-vista-driver-downloads.php?aps=winVISTAtextsplit_download

What are my other options?

Please help with these issues.  Thanks,

It is my belief that if you get persistent BSoD conditions, HotFixes from MS Updates should be delayed until this is rectified. 

I also repeat...

Do NOT use driverupdate.net.  Please do not use third party companies or websites that are NOT associated with the vendor or manufacturer of the hardware in question.

Questions:

Is UAC enabled or disabled ?

Is this Vista/32 or Vista/64 ?

allow me to re-iterate what david said/is saying ... do not use any of those "let us update yer software for yuh" programs .

from what i have seen personally and in these forums this is not open for debate .

it is always best to go back to the manufacturer of a given piece of hardware and/or software to find updates .

this goes for "windows updates" when it comes to things such as "video drivers" , "ethernet controllers" and such items (usually listed under "other" updates) .

let windows updates do what it does best (well , at least it tries) ... updates to/for windows and MS associated software itself .

also ... do you have a "re-installation" disk or set of disks that came with the computer ?

juuussst curious .