I made a portable version

seji

First off, I love malwarebytes, and have been recomending it to clients for years.

I was reading the forums, and saw that there is no plans for a portable version.

So I just started making one. (Im off to test it in a minute)

I wondered why a portable version was not desired? Does this type of software not fit the company business model or something?

Since I am going to re-package the free version, and utilize some GNU software inthe process, to (add features to the free version), what are the rules on redistributing the software. I am only going to add optional scheduling, to the portable version.

This spawned out of working on a korean laptop with windows 8, that wont boot into safemode, and prevents access to management consoles.  So everytime I try to run something, I get shut down.

I may also make a boot disk and feature a portable version of malware bytes. but im not sure yet. more testing required.

Ill check back later, let me know.

You really should not be doing this.  It might be okay if its purely only for your own use by just you and you won't be using it on other machines.

Edited by mountaintree16

Im never certain,

In Linux Communities, to say, hey, i fixed this problem, and want to share, isnt frowned on. So i wont put it up on my website for distribution.

Ill use it when I need it only.

I've obsurved no lack of functionality thus far.

Hi, seji: :)

No matter how well-intentioned you might be, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not open-source software.

So, as DHL advises, you might very well have violated the program's EULA, regardless of whether your version works or not.

Until the MBAM staff arrive to provide you with official feedback, please refer to this KB topic:

Where can I obtain a copy of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware EULA?

Thanks for your understanding,

daledoc1

• Root Admin

Hello seji and thank you for your interest in our program Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

As some of the forum members have basically already stated, your intended use is against the the EULA (End User License Agreement)

In section 2 it pretty much sets forth that any type of use as you've stated is not allowed even for personal use.
A copy of the latest EULA is also installed with the program. 

Malwarebytes is willing to license the Software to you only upon the condition that you accept all the terms contained in this Agreement. By clicking on the “I accept” button below or by downloading, installing or using the Software, you have indicated that you understand this Agreement and accept all of its terms. If you are accepting the terms of this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to the terms of this Agreement, and, in such event, “you” and “your” will refer to that company or other legal entity. If you do not accept all the terms of this Agreement, then Malwarebytes is unwilling to license the Software to you, and you must return the Software to Malwarebytes for a full refund, if you have paid for the license to the Software, or, if Malwarebytes has made the Software available to you without charge, you must destroy all copies of the Software. Your right to return the Software for a refund expires 30 days after the date of purchase.

Restrictions.  You may not run the Software on a network, but must install it only on the quantity of individual Computers you are licensed for and run it locally on those Computers (but you may install the Software onto individual Computers via upload or ‘push through’ via a network).  You may not use or make the functionality of the Software available to third parties for any commercial purpose, such as for providing any computer repair, help desk or troubleshooting service, unless you have each end user purchase from Malwarebytes an individual full license for each Computer on which the Software is run.  You may not combine this Software with any third party script, application, hardware or tools which would cause it to run on an automated or unattended basis. Except as expressly specified in this Agreement, you may not: (a) copy (except in the course of loading or installing) or modify the Software, including but not limited to adding new features or otherwise making adaptations that alter the functioning of the Software; (b) transfer, sublicense, lease, lend, rent or otherwise distribute the Software to any third party; or © make the functionality of the Software available to multiple users through any means, including but not limited to by uploading the Software to a network or file-sharing service or through any hosting, application services provider, service bureau, software-as-a-service (SaaS) or any other type of services.  You acknowledge and agree that portions of the Software, including but not limited to the source code and the specific design and structure of individual modules or programs, constitute or contain trade secrets of Malwarebytes and its licensors.  Accordingly, you agree not to disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the Software, in whole or in part, or permit or authorize a third party to do so, except to the extent such activities are expressly permitted by law notwithstanding this prohibition.

Thank you