edit/add to ignore.dat

Is Malwarebytes' working on anything that would enable users to add and/or edit items in the ignore list?

Not that I am aware of. Since the ignore list is only needed when MBAM detects something that you want to ignore, there's no real point in being able to manually add things to it.

• 6 months later...
Not that I am aware of. Since the ignore list is only needed when MBAM detects something that you want to ignore, there's no real point in being able to manually add things to it.

Well, it would be handy if an IP address could be added to this list. Say, for example, Malwarebytes is blocking access to a website that you know is safe (or you are willing to accept the risk in that particular case). If you could specify exceptions to IP blocking, then you wouldn't need to turn off *all* IP checking/blocking (and expose yourself to myriad threats) to access a single website.

Of course, this enhancement need not be implemented via manual editing of the Ignore List. A cleaner solution might be to have a button in the IP blocking alert that let you turn off blocking for only the reported IP.

Greetings :D .

GT500 was referring to the Ignore function for threats, not IP's. I do believe that the possibility of a user configurable IP Ignore List is being considered but I don't know if or when it's going to happen but there will be some new options for the IP Protection Module in the upcoming 1.42 version of MBAM (though I doubt an IP Ignore List is among them).