New user a quick question if you all don't mind =]

Hello everyone! Well i just downloaded malwarebytes because i heard typing through my speakers and idk i'm paranoid currently i use Avast and was wondering if i could use them both also i may buy the full version of Malwarebytes and if so should i just use it without avast any comments would be appreciated.

Hello.I heard recently that new versions of Avast keep blocking processes of Malwarebytes,i dont know did they fix that.I recommend to you to likwe me use Avira with MBAM,its much more stronger combination.I tested it on malwaredomainlist and its better combo.I hope i helped you.

• Root Admin

Hello and welcome to Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary solution to a fully installed Anti-Virus application and is not an Anti-Virus product.

Please see the following link for an explanation from one of our forum Experts.

http://forums.malwar...ndpost&p=487311

The only known issue that I'm aware of currently with ESET NOD32 and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is that if you have an external USB drive the latest version of avast! AV with our product can cause a system lock up.

Microsoft offers a free Anti-Virus product named Security Essentials.

Microsoft Security Essentials is free* and designed to be simple to install and easy to use. It runs quietly and efficiently in the background so you don't have to worry about interruptions or making updates.

http://windows.micro...rity-essentials

Please see the following FAQ link on setting exclusions for Microsoft Security Essentials in Malwarebytes Pro

http://forums.malwar...ndpost&p=181018

If you think you are infected though you may want to follow the advice below and have someone help you check the system out.

Here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

Don't use any temporary file cleaners unless requested - this can cause data loss and make recovery difficult

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

• Option 1 —— Free Expert advice in the Malware Removal Forum
  • Option 2 —— Paying customer -- Contact Support via email
  • Option 3 —— Premium, Fee-Based Support

OPTION 1

As we don't deal with malware removal in the
General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum
, you need to start a topic in the

Malware Removal forum

so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems or infections you may have.
  • Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Follow this topic and choose Instantly,
    so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

NOTE: Please do not post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies.

If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
      Or
    • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

OPTION 2

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk
here

OPTION 3

If you would like to use our
Malwarebytes Premium Consumer Services
partner, Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs—from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups go to our
Malwarebytes Premium Services
support site.

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as possible.

Yes Malwarebytes is must have.I have PRO and its really worth it,a lifetime licence.Go to www.avira.com and download a free version.Most good PAID program is definitly Emsisoft Internet Security i will buy soon,and use with MBAM.That program is virus exterminator! Avira is also good about 94-95 percent detection rate.Trust me man,i test almost all programs..Greetings from Serbia

Microsoft Security Essentials is bad!!! Low detection,dont have web shield...Avira is better.Set heuristic to high,and threat categories to all,put also MBAM and enjoy.I also use WOT for additional protection,you will have colors what page is malicious...Isnt great my combo...MBAM PRO,Avira and WOT--->Malware exterminator

Trust mee man Emsisoft is no1 in the world.With that program and MBAM NOTHING can pass.Even zero day threat which dont have signature for it,will be blocked by HIPS.I planning to buy it also,its cheap and use it with MBAM PRO.I am alo gamer,like FPS,and good DX11...

I playing BF3 now,but singleplayer only.I cant wait new Metro,Bioshock Infinite...I am big fan of S.T.A..L.K.E.R franchise...outstanding game.Whats your confuguration?mine is little old

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Intel Core i5 760 3,3 GHz

ASUS Maximus III Formula P55

Gigabyte NVidia GTX 560 1GB 256bit

Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600MHz

WD® Caviar Black 1 TB

Cooler Master™ GX 750W PSU

Monitor Samsung (24") 1920x108

Microsoft Security Essentials is bad!!! Trust mee man Emsisoft is no1 in the world.

PAID Software definitly

Please note that these are only the personal views of Stalker90. Many people here use Microsoft Security Essentials as their preferred Antivirus.

For a few years I have used it on several computers from XP to Windows7 and have personally found it is very good.

I have never used a paid Antivirus, but paid Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works with almost any Antivirus on the market Free or Paid.

Please read the above post from AdvancedSetup if you think you are infected, otherwise You select an A/virus that suits your needs -

Thank You -

Hello, rimaxo14:

In addition to AdvancedSetup's and Noknojon's expert replies, there is additional information in the Support FAQ, which further explains why MBAM is not a replacement for a robust, updated, real-time anti-virus (AV) & why MBAM is designed to run alongside an AV:

Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware replace antivirus software?

There are many excellent options from among the Free and Paid AVs -- you will get many different opinions on this.

The important point -- as already mentioned -- is that one does need to have such an AV, in addition to MBAM, and that one practices safe browsing and computing practices, as NO AV or security app can provide guaranteed 100% protection against all threats.

HTH, :)

daledoc1

I was used Microsoft Security Essentials and that is worst AV!!! It have low detection,no web shield.I was testing him on malwaredomain list i had download a few new Zeus trojans and he didnt detect nothing!Avira detect all as Trojan.Crypt...Thats enough proove for me.Just like me you have a lot of data.You are not crazy to use that crap.If you are smart buy Emsisoft use with mbam and enjoy.see this test on youtube to prove you what combo is best--->

Nice Setup Rimaxo14...EVGA cards looks good.You can overclock that i7 to 4GHz or more later.I also can overclock we have both good motherboards.Play Metro 2033 if you didnt.I recommend this amasing game!

On this video only one sample is penetrated into system,but MBAM is catched it later.Its probably downloader trojan as we can see some kind of Setup and download in backround.This guy didnt use full package of Emsisoft with HIPS preventuon.In that case it could not go to system you will see warnings.Isn it amasing this program...

In this video Emsisof has missed some malware because its not complete package with HIPS,i mean Internet Security.HIPS can block all if you know what you doing with warnings...this and mbam perfect