Best way to check on most recent version?

Assuming a user wishes to do manual program updates, and thus has "Download and install program update if available" unchecked, what is the fastest way to confirm that his or her installed version is in fact the most current one?

I considered checking the box, then doing a manual update, but wouldn't that initiate a program install, if one was available?

Point being, I wish to control when I do program update, and I'd also like to keep current.

Hi mynorgeek,

If you'd like to check to see if you have the latest version, you can launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and switch to the update tab. Towards the bottom there's a section entitled "Latest news: " which currently shows the latest release and provides a download link. This section should stay up to date as newer versions are released as long as you have an internet connection.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks to all the respondents.

All of the locations you guys cited for viewing the current version simply say v1.61.

Since I am on 1.61.0.1400, I assume there are builds beyond 1.61. Maybe I'm wrong.

In truth, the methods provided are not especially fast. (Just saying.)

It would be nice to be able to quickly see if my MBAM installations are the most current.

But I get it. This is the way it is. I'm just pleased to have the program on board! :)

Since I am on 1.61.0.1400, I assume there are builds beyond 1.61.

I see what you mean about having an "easy" way to check...

AFAIK 1.61.0.1400 is the most current. :)

(Gosh, if it isn't, I've been asleep at the wheel.)

It looks as if 1.62 is about to enter public beta testing, as the translators are all submitting their versions.

So, hang around here from time to time, if you want, to stay "in the loop".

Cheers,

daledoc1

Thanks to all the respondents.

All of the locations you guys cited for viewing the current version simply say v1.61.

Since I am on 1.61.0.1400, I assume there are builds beyond 1.61. Maybe I'm wrong.

In truth, the methods provided are not especially fast. (Just saying.)

It would be nice to be able to quickly see if my MBAM installations are the most current.

But I get it. This is the way it is. I'm just pleased to have the program on board! :)

1.61 is the current version. If we did a minor release (i.e. a number smaller than 1.62), it would be something like 1.61.1, in which case all of the locations we just specified would show 1.61.1.

The day that 1.61 was released the full version number was 1.61.0.1400. The last part (the .1400 part) you won't need to worry about. We won't update the product in such increments and those numbers are simply for build tracking (going from alpha, to beta, to RC to GA etc. in the release cycle of a new version).

The present way of doing things does have a potential for creating a bit of confusion, even though I "don't need to worry about" it.

Could be taken as a suggestion from a happy customer... make it easier for a user to confirm that he has the latest build.

The present way of doing things does have a potential for creating a bit of confusion, even though I "don't need to worry about" it.

Could be taken as a suggestion from a happy customer... make it easier for a user to confirm that he has the latest build.

Yep, we've talked about this and do plan to make it more clear in the product how to determine what the latest version is etc. (it basically requires new elements in the user interface of the program itself).