Scam: Get a Free 5000 Facebook Credits totally FREE !

ShyWriter

D7Yti.gif

Scam: Get a Free 5000 Facebook Credits totally FREE !

By Emil Protalinski | May 5, 2012, 1:08am PDT

Summary: A new Facebook scam uses an old trick: the apparent giveaway of Facebook Credits. Like almost any free claim, there is no such deal. Remember: if it sounds too good to be true, it’s probably a scam.

free_facebook_credits_scam.png

Facebook scammers are once again trying to trick users who can’t help but click on every link promising something free. This time it’s Facebook Credits that are being promised, but of course aren’t actually being given way. Don’t click it, don’t Like it, and don’t Share it.

There are many variations of this particular scam. The first one I found was titled “Get a Free 5000 Facebook Credits totally FREE !” but others are also called ” Get 2000 Free Facebook Credits!”, ” Free Stuffs on Faceb00k”, and “Free Facebook Credits Generator.” All of them are followed by a fraudulent link. They also have one of the following descriptions:

Hey Friends! I Redeemed 5000 Facebook Credits For Free! Get Yours Now! Just Click Here

REDEEM FREE 5000 FACEBOOK GAME CREDITS! 100% WORKING! GET YOURS NOW! CLICK HERE –>

Get your FREE 5000 FACEBOOK CREDITS! NO SCAM NO surveys NO waste of time no task its totally FREE this promo is available for the first 1000 persons only… CHECK IT OUT ENJOY..i got mine and it works get yours here

Welcome to the only place where you can get 2000 facebook credits for FREE! Get yours today!

This is how all the professionals do.. They use this free software to add free credits to their accounts..So they can win all the time

Get Free Facebook Credits generator mediafire link!!, with video proof!! get it now at , and be the ultimate generator!

The link takes you to a Facebook Page that tells you to Like and Share a bunch of Pages. When you are finally allowed to claim your free Facebook Credits, they of course don’t exist and a scam survey loads instead.

The scammers’ goal is to drive more traffic towards certain sites. This is how the scammer earns his or her money: a commission for every survey completed, every product purchased, and/or every account compromised. You’re also often told to share the link with all of your Facebook friends, as well as add a comment. The next webpage urges you to sign up for a premium rate mobile phone service, complete an online survey, and/or buy some pills. Last but not least, they also use the scams to spread malware and obtain personal information.

As a general word of caution, don’t click on everything your Facebook friends share on the social network. If you see a scam like this one, report it. Then go check your Messages and Wall to make sure you’re not spreading the scam; the sooner you clean it up, Unlike all relevant Pages, and uninstall all relevant Apps, the better. You can also contact Facebook Security if you’d like to.

See also:

SOURCE: http://www.zdnet.com...lly-free-/12557

Steve

i wish they would impliment a security feature to deactivate all links posted so you have to copy and paste them to get it to work and of course add another feature to stop short links like that from even being allowed to be posted (make it so the whole actual link has to be posted).

i wish they would impliment a security feature to deactivate all links posted so you have to copy and paste them to get it to work and of course add another feature to stop short links like that from even being allowed to be posted (make it so the whole actual link has to be posted).

One of these days USERS are going to have to wake up and realize the final responsibility for SAFETY is themselves.. As one comedian used to say in part of his act, "You can't fix stupid."

Steve

Ughh!

I don't give a rat's beeeeehinddd about FB credits or anything else that these scammers come up with... it's too bad that people fall for it though. :(

Thanks for posting this :)

It's very sad that people do still fall for such obvoius malicious intent. Like my dad always said to me "Son, nothing in life is free, you gotta earn it. The more effort you put in, the more you'll get out". People really should realize the meaning of a saying such as that because it is truely true :P

One of these days USERS are going to have to wake up and realize the final responsibility for SAFETY is themselves.. As one comedian used to say in part of his act, "You can't fix stupid."

Steve

well i agree competely the more security options they have the less people can rightly complain about. for instance my battle.net account with blizzard has a physical authenticator and mobile alerts.

not competely fool proof but hard to get around to teh point its not worth it to hackers and ofc im also paranoid when it comes to computer security

Do you use all randomly generated passwords of at least 20 characters and store them only on an encrypted flash drive?

I randomly type them and store them in an ODS file on a flash drive. The flash drive isn't encrypted, but I keep good track of it so that's plenty for me. ;)

Do you use all randomly generated passwords of at least 20 characters and store them only on an encrypted flash drive?

Where may one do that? :)

Where may one do that? :)

I like to use Steven's Quick Password Generator and then you can use something such as TrueCrypt to encrypt the drive with an AES 256-bit encryption to secure it. You save a text file on the drive with your passwords in it, and it will be secure if you lose it with that level of encryption as long as you use a secure password for access to the flash drive.

I learned that one from Steven. ;)

Don't forget that one has to take the encrypted flash drive and insert it in the fifth can of peaches in a 12-pak and put it on the back of a 2nd shelf in the fridge.. :P

Sorry Arthur.. couldn't resist..

Steve

Don't forget that one has to take the encrypted flash drive and insert it in the fifth can of peaches in a 12-pak and put it on the back of a 2nd shelf in the fridge.. :P

And then dig a 40 foot hole in the ground, lower the fridge into the hole, pour cement over the top, and bury it? And then build a parking garage on top of it?