"SCAN LOG" Not showing at end of Scan and Not Posting Details

I helped my relative load Malwarebytes with the latest program revision and latest database version. We are in different states (NJ and Conn.). He is not that computer literate. However, he did install Malwarebytes correctly with my walk-through. He was able to run "Full Scan" twice with excellent results. However, when he does a "Scan" (either "Quick Scan" or "Full Scan"), there are the two following problems which I hope someone can help solve.

1. At the end of the scan, usually a "log" window shows details of the scan--"times", "analysis", "items detected in registry" etc. In his case, NO such "log window" is displayed at the end of the scan.

2. The log of the scan IS posted. However, in the "Logs" TAB, when that *.txt log is "opened" in "Notepad", it is EMPTY. There is NOTHING below the first two lines indicating..the last line showing being "www.malwarebytes.org". Four scans were done...and NOTHING is showing in any of the "saved logs" and no "log" is displayed at the end of any of the four scans.

HOW can the above two problems be fixed?

• Root Admin

Please do the following and let us know if it corrects it or not.

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version

• Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
    Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Ron, I had my cousin load the "Free" version of Malwarebytes Can I then assume that nothing is needed via licensing in your NOTE above? Thanks.

Please do the following and let us know if it corrects it or not.

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version

Is there an alternate method of just re-installing Malwarebytes without using "mbam-clean.exe" and using the above procedure? I have often received messages indicating that Malwarebytes program files had become "corrupted" and I just re-insalled Malwarebytes ...and then made sure the program and database were updated. If I do this--i.e. just re-install Malwarebytes over the existing Malwarebytes-- will all items in "Quarntine" be lost?

If you just install malwarebytes over itself without uninstalling, it may not correct the issue you have. Also when you just uninstall without using the mbam-clean tool all your settings and logs are not removed and your quarantine items are also preserved. The mbam-clean tool uninstalls and also removes all registry keys, logs and quarantine items as well. Its what we call a clean install of Malwarebytes.

We prefer the clean install especially if you are having issues. The only time I install over itself is when an upgrade to the software is needed.