PROGRAM_ERROR_LOAD_DATABASE (0, 13, CreateSDK)

Wanted to update my situation with this error. It happens when MBAM downloads a corrupted definitions file. In my case, this was being caused not by MBAM, but by Zone Alarm 10.1 Security Suite. ZA will work fine for awhile...then start corrupting downloads of any kind (not just MBAM). There is a simple, yet annoying solution - delete rules.ref...exit ZA... launch MBAM...let it download new definitions file...re-launch ZA. The problem will be fixed until ZA starts corrupting downloads again.

You might give 1.60 beta a try. It has several new features to better handle corrupt downloads. If you're willing to test it to see if it resolves the issues or at least handles them better, the beta is available here.

If you do decide to run the beta, post any feedback or issues you might have with it in that area.

Also, just FYI, most of the users we've encountered who were having recurring issues with database corruption were not running ZA.

You might give 1.60 beta a try. It has several new features to better handle corrupt downloads. If you're willing to test it to see if it resolves the issues or at least handles them better, the beta is available here.

If you do decide to run the beta, post any feedback or issues you might have with it in that area.

Also, just FYI, most of the users we've encountered who were having recurring issues with database corruption were not running ZA.

Thanks...since ZA will likely still be an issue for me, what will the new beta do when an update is corrupt? I imagine it will just keep the last good definition file and continue working...will it notify me that my definition file may be getting out of date?

If 1.60 detects that the database is corrupt, it will attempt to download it again. Basically it saves you the trouble of having to delete rules.ref by hand all the time :).

That should work well...I decided to get a new AV suite to solve the problem fully. I gave up on the other program...too many bugs that nobody wants to address.