Computer problems since update from 1.75 to 2.00

I have had malwarebytes 1.75 for some time without problems. Since I upgraded to 2.00 I had all kind of problems. First they appeared just once or twice, but they became worst until the point that I had to boot from  the windows DVD and restore to an earlier restorepoint. Currently I am running without malwarebytes.

Some of my problems were:

- Windows 7 indicated that there was no network connection

- Windows Explorer froze at the moment I clicked on my desktop

I could start some programs thanks to the cmd window, and also the task manager worked fine (the CPU was not busy, and I could stop applications)

Does anyone recognise these things?

To me it seems that I got my access back when I removed my license and went back to the free version.

System

Windows 7 64 bits

16 GB Ram

Windows on SSD, swap on HDD

Hello and :welcome:

Lets try a clean install of Malwarebytes first....

Please restart your computer and them run the following clean removal procedure and let us know if that corrects the issue or not.

MBAM Clean Removal Process

If that does not solve your issue lets get some logs so we can review them.

Please read the following topic Diagnostic Logs and post back the logs when ready and we'll see if we can determine what's going on.

I have had malwarebytes 1.75 for some time without problems. Since I upgraded to 2.00 I had all kind of problems. First they appeared just once or twice, but they became worst until the point that I had to boot from  the windows DVD and restore to an earlier restorepoint. Currently I am running without malwarebytes.

I could start some programs thanks to the cmd window, and also the task manager worked fine (the CPU was not busy, and I could stop applications)

Yes - I have similar issues:  https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=145721

Are you running MSE, or other AV?

Yes - I have similar issues:  https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=145721

Are you running MSE, or other AV?

@paulderdash:

Each computer is unique.

Problems that sound similar may have different causes and different solutions on different systems.

Additionally, it becomes very confusing for the staff and experts to try to assist multiple users in one thread.

As such, I would respectfully suggest that you please wait for assistance in your own thread HERE.

I see that you have posted the requested diagnostic logs there.

That's great. :)

Thanks for posting those.

Please be patient and wait for one of the staff or experts to review them and advise you further.

@kzin:

Please follow Firefox's advice.  He and/or the staff will help you out with reviewing your logs here, if a clean reinstall doesn't resolve your issues.

Thanks to you both for your patience,

daledoc1

Thanks so far,

I ran the Mbam-clean-2.0.2.0, and after reboot I installed the mbam-premium (2.0.0.1000) again. It immediately found un update to 1004.

So far everything seem to go fine,  I have run the frst64 checker, but I now realize that I should have run it as an administrator.

As AV I use bitdefender (2014 version) which I also reinstalled from fresh.

I also use Comodo Firewall to prevent any outgoing connections that I haven't appoved.

After a couple of reboots I will run the farbar recovery scan tool again

@ kzin:

OK.
Sounds like a plan.
You might want to add the MBAM exclusions to BD, to see if that helps.
(It's not always strictly necessary, but some users on some systems finds that it improves performance.)

Please exclude the following files from your Antivirus Software:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well.

For 32-bit Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe

For 32-bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7 & 8:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe

For 64-bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7 & 8:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware \mbamscheduler.exe

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE and MBAMSERVICE.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Please post back and let us know how it's going.
If you do run into trouble, it would help to get those diagnostic logs. ;)

daledoc1

Thanks daledoc,

I have disabled the built-in firewall in windows, because it is too simple, and it's default open. I prefer a firewall on which I have to approve every application.

I  have excluded the malwarebytes applications in the firewall.

Although I don't have the problems at this moment anymore, I still have attached the three result files

CheckResults.txt

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Thanks daledoc,

I have disabled the built-in firewall in windows, because it is too simple, and it's default open. I prefer a firewall on which I have to approve every application.

I  have excluded the malwarebytes applications in the firewall.

Although I don't have the problems at this moment anymore, I still have attached the three result files

Which firewall have you installed or are you using the computer without an enabled firewall?   Thanks

Which firewall have you installed or are you using the computer without an enabled firewall? Thanks

As AV I use bitdefender (2014 version) which I also reinstalled from fresh.

I also use Comodo Firewall to prevent any outgoing connections that I haven't appoved.

;)

daledoc1