GUI Logs tab not showing "protected" messages anymore

kangaroo319

• Staff

Hi.

Yes this is normal in version 1.06. The entries in the Log tab have been replaced with the traybar balloon notifications. This is to prevent the Logs tab from being filed up with less relevant information and making it difficult to find the important information about exploits blocked.

Hi.

Yes this is normal in version 1.06. The entries in the Log tab have been replaced with the traybar balloon notifications. This is to prevent the Logs tab from being filed up with less relevant information and making it difficult to find the important information about exploits blocked.

pbust Thankyou very kindly for your reply. :)

Cheers

Since I updated to version 1.06.1.1018 Premium, the logs tab is always empty - If the new ‘show notification traybar tooltips' is checked when any shielded application is used this does pop-up that it is indeed shielded & when using the ‘calculator’ tester' it does show that Anti-Exploit works OK, but I'm just wondering why no logs appear at all & the tab is always blank, when using the previous version logging was shown. I've completely uninstalled & reinstalled the program to no avail - Any ideas?  :huh: 

Hello Pedro:

I had cleaned out all traces of the previous MBAE version, as directed, and then build 1018 was routinely installed.

After immediately re-activating to Premium, I have seen no entries in the GUI's Logs tab although the ProgramData's log files have grown.

I know that I have never clicked the Clear button since the install of this build. Shields counter also does not increment.  W7Prox64SP1

Thank you sir.

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.zippost-17252-0-22319100-1427970199_thumb.j

I don't have a link handy, but I've read this change was by design (i.e., intentional).   The traybar notifications handle the "routine" information (e.g., Program "X" is now protected by MBAE).   Consequently, this leaves the log tab "uncluttered" --- reserved to report only a real/actual issue.

EDIT:   Here's the link https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/166882-logs/?p=952344

Thank you ky331.

I wonder if the Logs tab should have been left off the build 1018 GUI then, or will it still show some events that have not yet occurred?

I must admit it was a comfort to see it fill with events.

Edit: Of course the Logs tab still shows the successful blocks by MBAE as evidenced by mbae-test.exe

Edited by 1PW

• Staff

I merged a bunch of similar threads about the new Logs tab under this umbrella thread.

As mentioned below, the reason for the change in 1.06 was to unclutter the Logs tab so that only the very important information (exploits blocked) can be found quickly.

In previous versions of MBAE, after having it installed for a few weeks or months, the Logs tab became too cluttered and made searching for important exploit blocked events practically impossible.

In MBAE 1.06 the "Application is now protected" messages are now shown as traybar balloon notifications, which can be turned on/off in the Settings tab.