MBAM alone?

Hello and welcome, nosake:

Although MBAM is a terrific product, it is NOT an anti-virus, and it should NOT be considered a substitute for one.

It is very important to install and run a robust standard anti-virus program alongside MBAM.

MBAM works great with all of the free and paid AV/firewall suites -- for some of them, setting up reciprocal permissions and exclusions can help prevent slow-downs and other performance issues.

We will be happy to assist you with that, if you need help.

It would be a dangerous idea to run your computer without an AV.

I'm sure the other members and MBAM staff will agree, :)

daledoc1

I have known of 1 or 2 users here on the forums that did try just using MBAM as their sole protection, but I personally do not recommended and I warned them against it as well. The fact of the matter is that we do not detect everything and we aren't trying to detect everything, we leave the threats that the AV's are typically good at catching to them, this reduces the size of our database and allows us to only focus on the newest and nastiest threats that AV's typically aren't good at catching.