Malwarebytes closes after few seconds of scanning

chakr

My computer is infected with Opencloud security spyware/fake antivirus program. I execute RKill and tried to update and scan Malwarebytes. The malware window opens normally and when I tried to run a scan ( full scan or quick scan ) , the malware closes after few seconds. Then again I tried to click the Malwarebytes icon , it says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item please help!"

My computer runs on Windows 7. I have also tried to run malwarebytes by right clicking the icon and 'run as administrator'. This also did not help me.

Can anyone help me to overcome this issue and execute the malwarebytes to remove the 'opencloud security'.

I'm running into the same problem. After closing Malwarebytes, the icon is removed and the file is not accessible any more (changed owners). I've tried several other anti-malware packages and get the same effect - scans for awhile then 'poof' .. it's gone. RKill won't work. I do notice several effects .. there is a process that is running .. 5866677xx.xxxx .. ProcessHacker won't kill it. System Explorer won't even run. There are two strange-named and empty directories that get created under my user\"application data" directory. Are there any ideas how to remove OpenCloud? I've tried every one that's been mentioned on this forum. What other info is needed to help resolve this problem?

Well, I was able to get rid of the process 5866677xx.xxx .. which was terminating any anti-malware that I tried to use. I used TDSSKiller from this post: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=96239. It found two problems - one that it suggested I copy to quarantine. Just quarantining it didn't do anything - I ended up deleting it.

After that, I've been able to run Malwarebytes and in the process (hopefully) of getting rid of Opencloud for good.

I discovered there is an extra process running that I couldn't kill with Taskmanager or any other 'kill' softwared. For me, it was named '5866677xx.xxx .. This was terminating any anti-malware that I tried to use (including MalwareBytes). From this post: http://forums.malwar...howtopic=96239, I downloaded and ran TDSSKiller - which took care of that problem but I had to be careful. It found two problems - one that it suggested I copy to quarantine (the other I deleted). Just quarantining it didn't do anything - so I ended up having to run TDSSKiller again and delete it.

After that, I've been able to run Malwarebytes and in the process I got rid of Opencloud for good, though it took several runs in 'safe mode' and then one or two more in XP. Good luck.

I discovered there is an extra process running that I couldn't kill with Taskmanager or any other 'kill' softwared. For me, it was named '5866677xx.xxx .. This was terminating any anti-malware that I tried to use (including MalwareBytes). From this post: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=96239., I downloaded and ran TDSSKiller (link here: http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.zip)- which took care of that problem but I had to be careful. It found two problems - one that it suggested I copy to quarantine (the other I deleted). Just quarantining it didn't do anything - so I ended up having to run TDSSKiller again and delete it.

After that, I've been able to run Malwarebytes and in the process I got rid of Opencloud for good, though it took several runs in 'safe mode' and then one or two more in XP. Good luck.

• Staff

Everyone who is not chakr, please start your own thread and you will receive assistance, I promise.

chakr,

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

• Download the file TDSSKiller.zip and extract it into a folder on the infected PC.
  • Execute the file TDSSKiller.exe by double-clicking on it.
  • Wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over.
  • When its work is over, the utility prompts for a reboot to complete the disinfection.

By default, the utility outputs runtime log into the system disk root directory (the disk where the operating system is installed, C:\ as a rule).

The log is like UtilityName.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.

for example, C:\TDSSKiller.2.2.0_20.12.2009_15.31.43_log.txt.

Please post that log here.

Next, download DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop.

Double-click on the DDS icon and let the scan run. When it has run two logs will be produced, please post only DDS.txt directly into your reply.

-screen317

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!