`Safe Mode` or `Normal Mode`

SAS PRO ?

Yup, I've had it for a long time. I can't use MBAM because it's protection module doesn't work in x64 (which is what I'm running), but SAS's does. Once MBAM is x64 compatible I'll be switching, not that SAS isn't a great product, it is, but in my opinion MBAM is better, and more powerful at actually removing really nasty threats.

For MBAM, normal mode is always best as it gives it a chance to catch malware while it's active. Generally speaking, you also only need to use the Quick Scan for MBAM to find all the active malware it can on a system.

The main reason for needing to scan in normal mode is because the drivers that MBAM uses to detect malware do not work while Windows is booted in Safe Mode.

The main reason for needing to scan in normal mode is because the drivers that MBAM uses to detect malware do not work while Windows is booted in Safe Mode.

Thanks for the correction GT, I should've remembered that but lately I've got total overload from all the reading and research I've been doing at MRU. :D I think my brain's about to start oozing out of my ears.