mbam crashed

i went to scan the computer after closing world of warcraft since i was gonna turn the computer off its a habit of mine to scan when its turned on and then turned off

windows was just freshly installed the other day only thingo n the computer is mse (which mbam is in the expeptions list) firefox and mbam ofc oh and world of warcraft

when i went to event viewer these are the errors encountered

Faulting application mbam.exe, version 1.51.1.1076, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.6055, fault address 0x00036822.

the second was

The application, C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 08/20/2011 @ 06:25:57.078 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 7C936822 (ntdll!wtol)

any ideas why?

Hello fivealive:

Please try a MBAM clean re-install by doing the following:

• Download and run the latest mbam-clean.exe.
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so - VERY IMPORTANT.
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here.
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license within the boxed version or were sent via email if using the PRO version.
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the PRO version. Now setup any process/folder/file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please let us know how it goes.

HTH :)

i was able to get the program to open up right after the crash and it ran with out a problem still taking 20 minutes to scan the computer but it always does that after a fresh install of windows

for some odd reason

after a week or to that drops down to 6 minutes