Cannot update - unless in safe mode

I have seen that many members have various problems with the update function. I get no update-error, it simply won't update. Unless in safe mode. Seemingly then, it seems unable to cooperate with Bitdefender, which I also use. Of course I have tried to update Bitdefender's firewall as well, making sure that the rule for MBAM is set to "allow all", but it hasn't helped.

I have tried re-installation with the mbam-clean.exe method and it hasn't brought back the update-function in the program for me.

I have had MBAM for years now as my lifebuoy and safety net and felt extra well protected and free to roam the net with it. It has worked seemlessly and quietly in the background together with any operating system I've cared to use - I have several computors and they all have different OS - all up until now. I'm very sad over the recent problems. Why change a winning concept? I can't start off my day - every day - with going into safe mode just to update MBAM. In the end I will have to uninstall the program for good. I attach the following files SIGVERIF, DDS AND ATTACH, as described in another post, dealing with update probs.

:( Regards

SIGVERIF.TXT

DDS.txt

Attach.txt

Have you tried this ?

Bitdefender Exclusions

Setting Rules for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in BitDefender 2011 Products(Internet Security and Total Security):

Open BitDefender

Click Options and select Expert View

In Expert View,

Click on Firewall on the left, then click on Programs

Click on Add Rule and make 2 rules: one for mbam.exe and one for mbamservice.exe

This fix is easier and works!

Have you tried this ?

Bitdefender Exclusions

Setting Rules for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in BitDefender 2011 Products(Internet Security and Total Security):

Open BitDefender

Click Options and select Expert View

In Expert View,

Click on Firewall on the left, then click on Programs

Click on Add Rule and make 2 rules: one for mbam.exe and one for mbamservice.exe

This fix is easier and works!

Thanks for replying. If I remember it rightly, I already have those two rules in Bitdefender. I'll try again to remove them to enable Bitdefender to put new rules in there, the next time I open up my comp.

Apart from that, I don't know if any other form of configuration in Bitdefender will help. Maybe I should set up an exclusion for mbam? What gets me though, is the fact that BitDef and MBAM have worked together on my comp for years. Why should there be trouble now?

apart from that, I don't know if any other form of configuration in Bitdefender will help. Maybe I should set up an exclusion for mbam? What gets me though, is the fact that BitDef and MBAM have worked together on my comp for years. Why should there be trouble now?

You are aware it is a new release V1.51 vs V1.50 ?

Have you guys tried these exclusions?

Setting Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in BitDefender 2011 Products:

1. Open BitDefender
  2. Click Options and select Expert View
  3. Click on Antivirus on the left, then click on the Exclusions
  4. Click the checkbox next to Exclusions are disabled so that it says Exclusions are enabled
  5. Click the + on the upper right to add a new exclusion
  6. Ensure Exclude by file/folder path is set, then click Next
  7. Click Browse
  8. Click the + next to My Computer or Computer
  9. Click the + next to C:
  10. Click the + next to Program Files Note: In 64 bit Windows versions this will be C:\Program Files (x86)
  11. Click once on Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on OK
  12. Repeat steps 5-9 and then click the + next to Windows
  13. Click the + next to System32
  14. Click the + next to drivers
  15. Click once on mbam.sys and click on OK
  16. Do the same for the following file:

• C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys Note: In 64 bit Windows versions this will be C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

[*]click Next

[*]click Finish

[*]click Apply

[*]In the Antivirus tab click on the Whitelist button on the bottom and add the following URL:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

[*]Click on Apply and then close the BitDefender window

Setting Exclusions for BitDefender 2011 Products in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on BitDefender and click OK
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files and click once on BitDefender and click OK
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Ok Tomcats we will be waiting to see how it goes.

You know what? So far I haven't done any adjustments at all in fact. I could see that all of a sudden the program started to function in the normal way again. There have been plenty of updates both on behalf of Windows but also from Bitdefender. So maybe the problem is fixed on a general level. In any case, I'm going to observe what is happening over a couple of days and if everything continuous to be a smooth operation, I will store the good advice I have received here for a rainy day.

Cheers! :D