Update to new version of database

Let me better expain what is happening with my malwarebytes program. When I attempt to update the database an error comes up stating that "The current version of database is not supported by this version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Please download the latest version of the program." This was occuring a couple of days ago, I was helped by this forum, it worked for a couple of days and then reverted back to the way it was. I do not have my notes as to what was originally done to fix the problem and don't know how to retreive this information. Can you help?

Hello again,

I found the thread where you were helped. Below is the same information that the moderator gave you last time.

Please locate the rules.ref file within MBAM's install directory

It is typically stored:

In Windows 7/Vista:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

In Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please delete the rules.ref then start MBAM.exe and download a new copy of the rules. Because of the speed of your Internet Connection you may be timing out during the download and getting a partial rules.ref. When getting a new copy of the rules.ref please cut down on your Internet requests (downloads etc...) that way you have the best chance at downloading the entire database with no hiccup.

In the future if you need to go back to a thread that you started in the past then you can go to your profile and at the top click on Topics. This will provide you with a list of topics that you have started.

Dear Sir, I have started the last instructions given and got as far as deleting the rules.ref file. This was completed. It then tells me to start MBAM.exe, when I do this it comes up and says the database could not be found. Do I want to update database? When I say yes, it comes back and says that I have the latest database version. I then press okay and an error come on the screen that says PROGRAM_ERROR_LOAD_DATABASE (2,2,CreateSDK). I must be doing something incorrect but, I don't know what it is. Can you help? I am a little bit computer litterate but not much. Please explain in detail what to do.

Please do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

• Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

I am currently tunning my Malwarebytes program after attempting to update the information in the database. The only problem that I have is, it shows my last update date is approx 6 days ago and when I try to update it says that I have the latest version. This doesn't make sense to me. I am running the scan now and am going to attempt to update it this afternoon, perhaps it will correct itself. What do you think?