MSE error code: 0x8007424

When I looked up on Microsoft's site is said this Microsoft Security Essentials error code (MSE error code: 0x8007424) can be caused by other security software. My question is Malwarebytes known to cause this or is it SpyBot? Those are the only 2 others we are running on the XP pc we have.

Thanks,

Rich

Greetings :)

You might find this article to be of more use. I doubt that Spybot or Malwarebytes interfered with Microsoft Security Essentials. I'm not sure where you found info stating that that error code was related to other security software, but I did a search and only came up with a few results, all of which reference the article I just linked you to, which makes no mention of security software.

If the above did not work, try the following:

Run the Windows Update Reset Tool:

• Please download the Windows Update Reset Tool from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click the MicrosoftFixit50202 to begin
  • Follow the onscreen instructions and run it in Agressive Mode
  • Reboot your computer if asked to do so
  • Let me know in your next reply if the issue is corrected

Also, with Spybot, you should disable the TeaTimer function, which can conflict with MSE.

I found some info about the TeaTimer function but not a note on how to disable same. Are you saying to just do it once to update MSE and then turn back on or leave it off typically? It sounds like it helps with the security of SpyBot.

Thanks,

Rich