Error 722(0,9)

Hi,

I downloaded this software today after being at my wits end dealing with a Virtumonde infection on this PC which SpybotS&D insists it is fixing but ~12 hours after it's finished the popups start appearing again, and a google search turned you up.

However, when I tell it to start a scan, it brings up "Error 722(0,9)" repeatedly each time it finds the files that my research tells me are the Virtumonde dll files. I already tried reinstalling and doing updates, but this did not resolve the issue.

... ok, as I was typing that, I had it attempting another scan in the background, and now the program has totally frozen up.

• 9 months later...
Hello and welcome to the forum. What security software do you have installed ie antivirus, firewall, antispyware that run in realtime?

I have the same error and I was only using Malwarebytes in real time. Everyday though I also scan with Trojan Remover and SimplySup's Spybot. How do I fix this? I've been using Malwarebytes on my home computer for almost a year with no problem then I installed it at work and I get this error code.

Have you tried the un-install, clean tool, & re-install?

Instructions below: (just in case a file got corrupted) even though the error is: An unknown error occurred during the memory scan....

please try a clean tool below, remove the program and re-install again

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan.

Have you tried the un-install, clean tool, & re-install?

Instructions below: (just in case a file got corrupted) even though the error is: An unknown error occurred during the memory scan....

please try a clean tool below, remove the program and re-install again

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan.

Ok i'll try that again. I had to do that first time I installed on this work computer and, after 3 days I started getting the error. I'm sure it'll work for now but I was looking for a permanent solution so I wouldn't have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling while using that tool :P. Thanks for your help though yardbird if you can or find a permanent solution i'll bookmark this thread and keep checking in. Now im off to uninstall and reinstall.. Thanks

If theres a permanent solution I'll pin it myself to the board.... but time permitting on your end, I was hoping to hear your results unless your off to someplace. I'm still going thru my book or errors...

Oh ok im not in a hurry to go anywhere i'll do that and then post the results here then brb xD

ok, I'm still here.. I got 1 more idea, ... but I hope this works.... 1st... thanks for your time...

Sorry about that I left it scanning and had to step out of the office. Unfortunately when I got back this computer was restarted so I dont know what happened. I'll try and run another scan but this computer has alot of files so takes a lil time.

Please just try a Quick Scan

"Ample explanation has been given regarding the recommendation of the Quick Scan over the Full Scan. The Full Scan is never necessary, paid or free version. That's because the Quick Scan is designed to check all active locations of malware that Malwarebytes' is capable of detecting. This has been stated by many several times, including the developers themselves. MBAM is not a typical file scanner like an AV, it doesn't detect a file based simply on a normal hash check. It uses heuristics for the bulk of its detections, looking for infection patterns that help it to accurately identify active infections."

• 1 month later...

I've been having the same problem in Full Scan, error code: 722 (0,9), I've used MBAM for over a year and until 2 weeks ago is the 1st problem I've had. I've tried the "un-install, clean tool & re-install" and am still getting the error code. :) Has anyone had any luck trying something else? I could care less about the errors, as long as the scan is accurate and catching all the malware, etc?!?