What is this folder?

Stating the obvious. This is my first post. Hopefully posting in the correct forum/site.

In the course of cleaning up the files on the family computer found a file under one of the kids profile.

olk-outlook-temp-folder_files

In the folder were .js .css gif and png files.

Opening the files with an editor or looking at the gifs/png gave no clue other generic wrench files

There was only one file referenced anything when opened with an editor. urchin.js and it referenced google analytics. ???

I hope someone can help identify the folder. Since it is only under one profile can it be deleted safely? Should it be deleted?

Computer is running Windows Vista and Office 2007.

Googled but found references to OLK but not the full name of the folder found.

Installed and ran Malwarebytes and ccleaner. Nothing found and cleanup didn't delete folder or contents.

Thank you in advance.

Stating the obvious. This is my first post. Hopefully posting in the correct forum/site.

In the course of cleaning up the files on the family computer found a file under one of the kids profile.

olk-outlook-temp-folder_files

In the folder were .js .css gif and png files.

Opening the files with an editor or looking at the gifs/png gave no clue other generic wrench files

There was only one file referenced anything when opened with an editor. urchin.js and it referenced google analytics. ???

I hope someone can help identify the folder. Since it is only under one profile can it be deleted safely? Should it be deleted?

Computer is running Windows Vista and Office 2007.

Googled but found references to OLK but not the full name of the folder found.

Installed and ran Malwarebytes and ccleaner. Nothing found and cleanup didn't delete folder or contents.

Thank you in advance.

Hello neonsurfer: :welcome:

Till a Vista/Outlook expert can help you here:

In a reply, would you please let us know the exact and full pathname of the folder in question?

If you are running an antivirus application, what is it and what is its version?

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply.

Sorry for the ignorance. TFC?

The path is C:\Users\userprofile\olk-outlook-temp-folder_files

After looking further at the java script there was a link to blogger.com

I'm confused on the OLK location but agree that the contents probably can be deleted. Not sure what happens if I delete the folder though.

I thought the OLK folder was in this path when I looked in the registry

C:\Users\userprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\

Thx again for replies.

Resolved

After continuing to cleanup files I found another instance of the folder in The path is C:\Users\userprofile\documents\olk-outlook-temp-folder_files.

However, This time there was also an HTML document called olk-outlook-temp-folder.html

Apparently someone in the house had attempted to save a webpage and called it olk-outlook-temp-folder.html which creates a folder with the same name and appends "files" to the name.

The first attempt must have been to save the file in the root of the user profile then the second attempt was to save it in the documents folder.

Glad you got it sorted out, below you will find info on TFC....

Please use TFC to clear temporary files:

Run TFC by OldTimer to clear temporary files:

• Please download TFC from here or here and save it to your desktop.
  • Close any open programs and Internet browsers.
  • Double click TFC.exe to run it and once it opens click on the Start button on the lower left of the program to allow it to begin cleaning.
  • Please be patient as clearing out temp files may take a while.
  • Once it completes you may be prompted to restart your computer, please do so.
  • Once it's finished you may delete TFC.exe from your desktop or save it for later use for the cleaning of temporary files.

After it's done and you've restarted your PC run another scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Please let us know how it goes.