Some things to ask the MBAM team :)

I''ll just keep it short... I have used MBAM thousands of times to clean my, or friends' PC's...

I am really thankful that I have this piece of software in my toolkit..... It is truelly awesome.

One thing though, I have to mention, is that MBAM should have a self-protection feature and I'll tell you what I mean.

Recenlty,a friend of mine was infected with a pretty nasty infection, which I beleive is a rootkit...

First thing that pops to mind when it comes to malware infection is using MBAM... The thing is, that this infection prevented

any programms from running correctly (maybe a patching virus like Virut or something...) so mbam could'n even launch

(mbam.exe was probably infected...).

Of course there are other choices here, like running a bootable Antivirus CD like Dr Web CureIT but since I really like

MBAM I thought it would be a good idea to mention it so that you guys take it under consideration :)

Thumbs up for the MBAM team!!

Recenlty,a friend of mine was infected with a pretty nasty infection, which I beleive is a rootkit...

First thing that pops to mind when it comes to malware infection is using MBAM... The thing is, that this infection prevented

any programms from running correctly (maybe a patching virus like Virut or something...) so mbam could'n even launch

(mbam.exe was probably infected...).

Was this the free version or paid for Pro?

Just for your info:

If MBAM won't run when installed on a system it won't run from a flash drive or CD either as long as the malware blocking it is active. The current crop of rootkits and rogues blocking MBAM are not doing so based on its location of installation. There are plenty of workarounds already available for getting MBAM to install and run in these scenarios, many of which can be found here and here.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=37090

gerard

I''ll just keep it short... I have used MBAM thousands of times to clean my, or friends' PC's...

I am really thankful that I have this piece of software in my toolkit..... It is truelly awesome.

One thing though, I have to mention, is that MBAM should have a self-protection feature and I'll tell you what I mean.

Hi ! I don't think self-protection is necessary . Your case is :

You installed security product (like MBAM) after infection . If there was a rootkit , it was in control of the system - not you . Anything could have been manipulated .

If MBAM was running as Pro version prior to infection , perhaps it would have stopped the infection .

You may have been not a rootkit . There are many other antimalware tools and trick available to make MBAM run such as renaming its file or running RKill first to kill the malicious process(es) that prevent programs from running , and many others .

Enjoy MBAM Pro ! :)