Instant Logout issue

mjisenior

Hello. I recently scanned and removed virus and malware from my hard drive while it was slaved to another computer. Once I replaced the hard drive and attempted to load into WindowsXP Media Center I could only catch a glance at my desktop before I was instantly logged off and sent back to the profile select screen. This also happens on all other accounts and the admin account in safe mode as well. After tryin to research some help I found a resolution for a similar issue on the Microsoft database explaining to run the recovery console and replace the userinit.exe file or something ;) I tried that a few times with no resolution to my problem. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

• Root Admin

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Please read and follow the instructions provided here: Pre- HJT Post Instructions

When ready please post your logs here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

Someone will be happy to assist you further with cleaning your system.

During this scan and cleanup process you should not install any other software unless requested to do so.

• Root Admin

If the computer is infected that bad then a slaved drive scan may not find enough to clean it up.

You may want to consider this option.

Requires access to a working computer with a CD/DVD burner to create a bootable CD.

Avira AntiVir Rescue System
    Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore. Thus it is possible to:

• repair a damaged system,
  • rescue data,

• scan the system for virus infections.

Just double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD. You can then use this CD/DVD to boot your computer.
    The Avira AntiVir Rescue System is updated several times a day so that the most recent security updates are always available.

Ran into a slight problem with the Antivir rescue cd. It gives language options on the startup but no matter which I choose, english or german, its still german :huh: I'm still attempting to run the scans anyway lol If you know of any other bootable applications which may be helpful any input is appreciated.