Automatic update doesn't work

I to have been getting a similar problem..I get the messaging saying MBAm couldn't update, make sure my internet connection is working..which it is..I can manually update (Check For Updates button), but it was nice when it was working with it auto-updating..hope a fix is near. :huh:

I have exactly the same problem. It is very frustrating when Auto Update does not work.

Are there problems with the update server(s) which result in it (them) not being available 24/7?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found that changing the Update Mirror from SecurtiyWonks.net to Malwarebytes.org works most of the time.

I also got the "update failed" message. It doesn't work either way. Is there another way to get updates? If so could you post a link to it please?

I am still able to update my other spywear programs without any problems.

I've been ignoring this problem quite a bit, but it happens to me almost every day.

I did take a screenshot of it once and send it to Marcin, but he never replied. He probably wondered why I had bother sending him a screenshot of something I could have typed out in MSN. :huh:

I believe this thread pertains to "Automatic Updates"...You should be able to update manually through the application.

But I can't do manual updates through the application. It still comes up with the "Update Failed. Make Sure you are connected to the internet and your Firewall is set to allow Malwarebytes' Anti Malaware to access the internet."

Where on the internet can I go to download Malwarebytes Anti Malaware updates?

Thank you!

This seems to be an issue with the SecurityWonks mirror. We are working with them to see if we can resolve the issue but it looks like all customers will be using the Malwarebytes.org mirror from now on.

This morning I had the unable to download updates message waiting for me when I got to the computer.

I was able to update manually from SecurityWonks and then to get confirmation from MalawareBytes that I had the latest updates.

There is something seriously wrong with automatic update.

I have been having the same problem with the paid version, I get the same error. MBAM will update fine using Malwarebytes.org, however when I exit MBAM and pull it back up, the mirror dropdown will revert back to SecurityWonks and as a result will not update. I have been doing the updates manually till this problem is corrected.

I have been having the same problem with the paid version, I get the same error. MBAM will update fine using Malwarebytes.org, however when I exit MBAM and pull it back up, the mirror dropdown will revert back to SecurityWonks and as a result will not update. I have been doing the updates manually till this problem is corrected.

I think it should be pretty clear by now that they just don't feel this feature being broken, is not important enough to warrant any effort to resolve.

I think we have what we paid for, a pretty good Anti malware program with a broken feature, and we need to just learn to live with it. :angry:

This seems to be an issue with the SecurityWonks mirror. We are working with them to see if we can resolve the issue but it looks like all customers will be using the Malwarebytes.org mirror from now on.

Malwarebytes site doesn't work for manual update either. :<

I think it should be pretty clear by now that they just don't feel this feature being broken, is not important enough to warrant any effort to resolve.

I think we have what we paid for, a pretty good Anti malware program with a broken feature, and we need to just learn to live with it. :angry:

As long as this problem has no effect on the program itself, I don't have a problem doing a manual update until the problem gets fixed.

MBAM is an excellent program, and as with all programs, there is always a problem or two that needs attention. If everyone will be patient I'm sure this update problem will be taken care of as soon as the team can get to it. It is no "Big Deal" with me.

Malwarebytes site doesn't work for manual update either. :<

I have not had a problem with updating from Malwarebytes.org.

Just a suggestion, uninstall MBAM, run CCleaner, Reboot. Install a clean version of MBAM, Reboot and see if that works.

Then you are one of the few. I have had it error out on me from both update links on an automatic update. I don't think it is the sites causing it. I think it is from inside the program itself somehow.

Then you are one of the few. I have had it error out on me from both update links on an automatic update. I don't think it is the sites causing it. I think it is from inside the program itself somehow.

Sorry, guess I should have said manual updates. As for auto updates, when I pull up MBAM the mirror site is always on SecurityWonks, so I have to change the mirror site to Malwarebytes and then I can manually update. If the mirror site would stay on Malwarebytes I think the auto update might work, but I don't know for sure, once I exit MBAM the mirror will go back to SecurityWonks, for whatever reason.

Sometimes whern I do a manual update from either one it will fail with the error message. If I do another manual update from the same source that failed right after that it iwill go through fine most of te time. That is why I donlt think it is with the sites.

It is an issue with the sites, as far as I know. We are looking into why SecurityWonks isn't working and in the next version you will be able to save what mirror you would like to use. :angry:

Finally a clear and concise answer to this question/bitch fest, But you still are not spot on about the WHOLE OVERALL issue in the eye's of the average user, and that is that you have TWO problems which compound each other end the end result is instead of having a bug you had a broken feature IE. Auto Updates.

If you had addressed either one the other would not be an issue the malwarebytes site has a tenfold less problems with manual updates as does the SecurityWonks site. that one fails on my end about 75% of the time,so if we even had the option of selecting an update site then I thing the issues of failed updates would be greatly diminished.

SecurityWonks, as I said, is being looked into. Saving the mirror you would like to use.... that's a feature that has been requested for a long time now. It will help until we can find out why the SW mirror is having issues, and implement a feature that has long been requested. Yes, we are aware of the two issues. The reason auto-update is failing is likely because of the SW mirror issue. And again, we are looking into why that is failing....

It is an issue with the sites, as far as I know. We are looking into why SecurityWonks isn't working and in the next version you will be able to save what mirror you would like to use. :angry:

I sometimes get the same error on the Malwarebytes site when I do a manual update.

At the same time as allowing us to save a preferred update site why not add an automatic try of the alternative site if the preferred site is not available.

That would be a major improvement which I am sure would be very easy to implement.

I am also not happy with purchased software that does not work correctly. If I was happy to just use manual updates I could use the free version. I chose to buy the product as I do all my housekeeping, backups, malaware scans etc. as scheduled overnight tasks. Malawarebytes is the only application that regularly fails.