registry bad notepad

This can be caused by Iolo's System Mechanic, and is safe to add to your ignore list.

Thank you for the quick reply however I do not have system machanic installed on my pc. I know it is an iolo product, I have dell pc tune up, is this an iolo product?

I have a similar problem; I have System Mechanic 6 on my desktop (XP Pro) and laptop (XP Home). The newest version of MBAM (1.50.1) finds these SM6 related entries on my laptop and I selected them to be ignored. But each time that the new MBAM scans, it continues to find them, when the entries are on the Ignore list. The new version works perfectly on my desktop computer and ignores the entries.

On my laptop, I had to revert back to the previous version of MBAM (1.50) for things to return to normal; it ignores the items that are on the list.

Any thoughts?

I have a similar problem; I have System Mechanic 6 on my desktop (XP Pro) and laptop (XP Home). The newest version of MBAM (1.50.1) finds these SM6 related entries on my laptop and I selected them to be ignored. But each time that the new MBAM scans, it continues to find them, when the entries are on the Ignore list. The new version works perfectly on my desktop computer and ignores the entries.

On my laptop, I had to revert back to the previous version of MBAM (1.50) for things to return to normal; it ignores the items that are on the list.

Any thoughts?

mY ANSWER well I guess I can install MBAM 1.50, HOWEVER why can this not be corrected? I have put it on ignore but it keeps coming back. I can whitelist it-I just was told this is a Dell pc tune up produced by iolo- same as system mechanic that I do not own- , I have installed by dell, my installed program does not say this -I use it on my laptop- the only correct thing I can find is that it is made by iolo- so why cannot this be fixed by MBAM/

... so why cannot this be fixed by MBAM/

System Mechanic (and Dell's PC TuneUp) both change Windows File Associations to make certain files open in Notepad instead of with the programs that Windows would normally open them with. One of those types of files is Registry Exports, which experts and companies like ours like to use when helping people online. This breaks certain fixes, and is considered not good, and thus Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will attempt to fix it.

This is not something that we will likely change, and so we offer the ability to add the entries to the ignore list in order to prevent them from being detected.

Any thoughts?

Please reinstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by following the instructions below:

1. Download and run this utility, which will completely remove Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
  2. Please allow the utility you ran in the previous step to restart your computer. If you do not, then please restart your computer manually before proceeding to the next step.
  3. Download a fresh copy of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by clicking this link to be forwarded to one of our download mirrors (such as Download.com or MajorGeeks), and then install it.
  4. (users of the free version can skip this step)
    If you have purchased a license, then you will need to register Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again with your ID and Key. If you need assistance with this, then please let me know.

Please reinstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by following the instructions below:

1. Download and run this utility, which will completely remove Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
  2. Please allow the utility you ran in the previous step to restart your computer. If you do not, then please restart your computer manually before proceeding to the next step.
  3. Download a fresh copy of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by clicking this link to be forwarded to one of our download mirrors (such as Download.com or MajorGeeks), and then install it.
  4. (users of the free version can skip this step)
    If you have purchased a license, then you will need to register Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again with your ID and Key. If you need assistance with this, then please let me know.

Thanks for the response. I followed your instructions and got the same result on the 2nd scan (even rebooting after the 1st scan). I then went through the entire procedure again, just to be certain, and again got the very same result on the 2nd scan. MBAM 1.50.1 would not ignore the 2 entries in the Ignore list.

I'll just stick with 1.50 for now. I works perfectly on my laptop. Thanks again.

Thanks for the response. I followed your instructions and got the same result on the 2nd scan (even rebooting after the 1st scan). I then went through the entire procedure again, just to be certain, and again got the very same result on the 2nd scan. MBAM 1.50.1 would not ignore the 2 entries in the Ignore list.

I'll just stick with 1.50 for now. I works perfectly on my laptop. Thanks again.

Thank you, before I followed your instructions on removal and re install, I ran trend micro beta- it found 68 root kits, ran fix then followed your instructions and I am clean from what my problem was. I recommend trend micro free, it really helps.

I have reported this to our QA and development teams. :huh:

There's no problem with that. 1.50.1 was a bug-fix release, so you should have the same detection capabilities in 1.50 as in 1.50.1.

I have reported this to our QA and development teams. :huh:

There's no problem with that. 1.50.1 was a bug-fix release, so you should have the same detection capabilities in 1.50 as in 1.50.1.

Thank you for the response, I have kept current edition- one question, why if you ignore list it.whydoes it keep showing up on the next scans?

Thank you for the response, I have kept current edition- one question, why if you ignore list it.whydoes it keep showing up on the next scans?

Right now I don't know why that's happening. Our QA department will have to take a look at the issue and see if they can figure it out.