malwarebytes free version 1.50.1.1100

I'm a newbie- and have had Malwarebytes for ages- but installed the above free version following the prompts. However the prompts remain for the update and when I go to update it daily it keeps saying I have not updated for 19 or 21 days! I uuninstalled it-rebooted and re-installed but it's behaving the same.I've used the free version for years with no problems up til now. Thankyou.

Please try the following to see if it helps:

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • NOTE: If you get SHGetValue failed with error code 0, that only means that the tool has nothing to perform, continue on with the next step....
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • NOTE: If you get SHGetValue failed with error code 0, that only means that the tool has nothing to perform, continue on with the next step....
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Did that-- have got same version-but when going to updates still telling me to update to latest version!! If that is happening presume the daily updates are not correct and I will get another update message saying I am 19 days behind! All I want is a working Malwarebytes! Help!

Hello Zilly!

Please check your PM inbox I have some instructions there for you to please follow. After you send your response in Private Message I will bring you back to the forums to continue to assist you.

Thank you!

Hello Zilly!

Are you able to manually update MBAM?

When you start MBAM it prompts you are out of date?

Please click the update tab, click on the update button and have the update go through.

Please let me know the results.

Thank you very much.

Just clicked update tab. and let it go through-but just the same.It prompts me to update to new version when I go to update-but I have the latest version. installed.However it did update after the last install and I'm now up to database 5507-which I would think correct. I'll carry on using it-but if I can't update then I'll just leave it and go to another anti-malware programme.A shame as I really like Malwarebytes and it has got me out of serious trouble several times.

Thanks for all your help.

2 things please:

When you launch MBAM does the prompt still occur that the database is out of date? (after you manually click update)

After you launch MBAM please go to the help tab and see what Version you have. What Version is it?

Thank you very much.

Version 1.50.1.1100 is installed.

When i go to the update tab to update manually as I have the free version- it is not now telling me I am out of date- but it has done on several occasions in the last week-19 or 21 days out of date.I normally manually update and scan every morning-so it seems there have been no updates installed since the end of December-despite me updating it manually. Think I'm up to date now after all these re-installs!

Under the check for updates window it says version1.50.1 Malwarebytes released-under in blue letters says click here to install latest version.

Under the check for updates window it says version1.50.1 Malwarebytes released-under in blue letters says click here to install latest version.

Perhaps the OP is seeing the "latest news" section of the window and mistakenly thinking that this is a direct prompt for him/her to update, even though he/she already has? (See attached)

IOW it may be confusing that the MBAM user still sees "...click here to install the latest version..." even when the latest version is already installed?

(I hadn't thought of it before, but I could see where someone new to MBAM might be confused by this.)

It sounds as though you ar "all good" now, zilly, thanks to Mainard. :)

Regards,

daledoc1