Do I really need java??

Guest garybear

Guest garybear

Hello. I'm not a malware fighter, but I like reading the threads. I constantly see "Your java needs to be up dated"

I have read about java and it can be a source of infections if not keep up to date.

I don't have java installed on my PC and and so far I haven't seen any place I need it.

You might try uninstalling java and see if you really need it. If you do, then install Secunia also to keep it up to date.

I don't have a ego problem. I'm not smart enough to have a ego, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Uninstall Java completely. Yes, you can do this and it is safe. The negative consequence is that if you are using any programs or websites that rely on Java, you will not be able to use those programs or websites correctly any more unless you install Java again. However, most people do not have Java applications on their computers these days, and most websites use Flash instead of Java for the interactive features that used to be commonly written in Java. And if you do turn out to have Java programs or applets that you depend on, you can always reinstall Java later by visiting java.sun.com.

Guest name cool

In fact, this is true, a lot of infection comes through the Java program., Or the so-called .Vulnerabilities.

Which means that he must constantly update Java. And recommended Java It herself.

There are sites that use Java and supports Java, which requires that you have Java To be able to browse sites that support Java correctly.

There are, for example, there are sites can not access it only if you have Java. My question for you .. Can you browse the video sites. like YouTube? Without the Flash Player? :D:D

M' Anti-M Free use. XP SP 3

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Guest garybear

There are, for example, there are sites can not access it only if you have Java. My question for you .. Can you browse the video sites. like YouTube? Without the Flash Player?

Hello cool! I'm not a expert. I'm going by what works for me. I hope someone smart will answer you.

I have no problem viewing YouTube. I have Adobe Flash Player 10. I use Foxit Reader for PDF files.

I'm sure there are sites that require java; but I haven't found one.

All I'm saying is you might want to see if you can live without java. If you can, why have it? If you need it, install it and use Secunia to keep it up dated. Not a bad idea to use Secunia either way.

This works for me; it might not work for everyone.

Thanks for your reply!

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/index.php

I uninstalled java a year or so ago now. The few things that needed it that I used had an alternative so I just use that.

Some people need it, I find that I basically do not. If I need it, I know where to get it.

Some online games, web conferencing, etc... needs java.

I uninstalled java a year or so ago now. The few things that needed it that I used had an alternative so I just use that.

Some people need it, I find that I basically do not. If I need it, I know where to get it.

Some online games, web conferencing, etc... needs java.

I *love* Java! Without it I would be bored to death as nothing would ever go wrong on my computer. So hang in there Java - my brain needs the exercise of banging my head against the brick wall at least six times a month. :D

~Shy

Guest garybear

Hello!!

I'm going off topic a little.

When I uninstall a program; I really get rid of it. First thing I use is Revo uninstaller. Next I use RegSeeker. You can type java in a search box in RegSeeker. Be sure you only delete Java entries. Next thing I do is use regedit to search for java, using F3( not recommended for novice users) Then I clean up files with Search Every Thing. There isn't much left after all that.

The first thing I do that I forgot; is to back up my OS. Then if I screw some thing up, I can restore every thing. I always make a back up image of my OS before making any changes on my PC. I have screwed things up before that I couldn't fix until I restored My OS. I use a freeware program to back up my OS (Macrium Reflect).

That's the way I uninstall. I like my PC clean from trash.

Guest garybear
I *love* Java! Without it I would be bored to death as nothing would ever go wrong on my computer. So hang in there Java - my brain needs the exercise of banging my head against the brick wall at least six times a month. rolleyes.gif

Hello ShyWriter!

Now that's funny! I don't like banging my head against a brick wall :D That's for you young guys.

If there ever comes a time I need it, I'm with mountaintree; I know where to find it :D

So far that hasn't happened!!

Thanks for all the reply's!

Guest garybear
:D :D

Hello friend! A little off topic.

How do you make your quotes so that it says who the quoter is??

I hope you understand my question.

I have tried both the wrap in quotes, but it doesn't show what I want.

Thanks friend!!

Guest garybear
try this Gary :D

p_quote.gif

[quote name='garybear' date='Jan 10 2011, 01:29 PM' post='372293']This is a quote[/quote]

note: this image won't be on the board very long I need the attachment room for samples :D

OK Thanks. Some times I just want part of the post, not the whole post.

Thanks friend!!

your welcome

I'm still learning bbcode myself

the BBcodes are little bit different depending on the forum

valid BBcode for this board

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...amp;CODE=bbcode

check these out for referance

http://www.bbcode.org/reference.php
http://www.phpbb.com/community/faq.php?mode=bbcode

notice that wrapping them in a

tags kills the links

Guest name cool

Hello garybear.

You're welcome. :D

Yes, almost two years ago I were I do not know anything about Java! Or even what its work.! And when I surf the Internet looking for sites, chat, games, and when I was browsing the site to chat in the first time, I get a message telling me "You can not access to the rooms," and he asks me clicking on the control and install a program.!! But 'I do not install it, and considered it deceptive software. Which I had to learn about what are

Guest garybear
Then I've installed Java and get rid of spam from these sites .. :D:D

Currently, use Java to play. :D

Things have changed sense two years ago. You might be surprised what works without java today.

I don't play games or join chat rooms.

I play on line porker for play money and chat with friends on facebook.

Thanks for your reply!

Guest name cool
Things have changed sense two years ago. You might be surprised what works without java today.

I don't play games or join chat rooms.

I play on line porker for play money and chat with friends on facebook.

Thanks for your reply!

You're welcome. :D

Yes, spend your time with your friends and have fun.

Maybe I'll think, challenging you in this game. :D:D

M' Anti-M Free use. XP SP 3

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::