69 Years Ago Today

Popeye

In remembrance of those servicemen who lost their lives on December 7, 1941 "The Attack on Pearl Harbor" RIP.

"SUPPORT THE TROOPS"

How soon people forget, Popeye..

pearl-harbor-attack1.jpg

USSArizona_PearlHarbor_2.jpg

FDR's speech to Congress (and the American people)

Users that use the Firefox RequestPolicy extension will need to ALLOW wikimedia.org

Fdr_delivers_speech.jpg

~Shy

I haven't forgotten. Busy, but not forgotten. Amazing what they went through back then. Shy was only a couple years old :)

Most are 80 years on up that still really remember it first hand.

"Shy was only a couple years old :) ".. :) Just beginning to be a gleam in the old man's eye, ya stinker.. :)

When the Ben Affleck/Kate Beckinsale movie PEARL HARBOR came out a few years ago, half the first showing (they had to get there for the afternoon so they'd be awake :)) was full of survivors all wearing their various ship inscribed baseball caps.. It was amazing.

~Steve

"When the Ben Affleck/Kate Beckinsale movie PEARL HARBOR came out a few years ago, half the first showing (they had to get there for the afternoon so they'd be awake :)) was full of survivors all wearing their various ship inscribed baseball caps.. It was amazing.

~Steve

That movie made me cry........now if you go n tell anybody that I'll kill you :)