Problems updating

I recently purchased a Dell XPS 8100 and installed the Malwarebytes free software. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit operating system. I use McAfee for my anti-virus and security. I am unable to update without getting an error message: MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12007,0,WinHttpSendRequest). It then advises to notify the support team.

I am pretty certain that I have a virus somewhere in my computer. I believe I have the "Google-Analytics Virus" which frequently hijacks my searches (even when I use the Yahoo search enging. and often when I click a link posted on another web page).

I have run Malwarebytes scan (both quck and full) and cannot find any virus, but then again, I cannot update my malwarebytes software either. I uninstalled Malwarebytes and reinstalled the most recent version which I believe is 1.46. However, when I attempted to check for updates, I again got the above error message.

Help.

Please ensure these items are excluded from your Antivirus AND your Firewall - 12007 error usually means that the download is being blocked -

Exclude Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's Files and Folders From Other Active Security Programs:

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products -

Thank You - :)

Hi -

First try the items above from yardbird , then read this and try it also -

Your router and it's settings may have been upset or hijacked. This can help fix the problem. Please read carefully.

We can release your IP address settings, flush the DNS resolver cache, then renew you IP address settings.

It will be easier and less error prone, if we create a batch file to do this... please follow these steps:

1. Copy/paste all text in the code box (below)...to Notepad. (Do not use a Word Processor or WordPad).
    @echo off
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /renew
    del %0

2. Save type as "All Files"
  3. Save the Notepad file on your desktop...as DNSreset.bat..
    Note : The .bat extension is very important
  4. Double click on DNSreset.bat to run it.
    Vista-Win7 users: Right click on DNSreset.bat, select "Run As Administrator" to run it.
    A black CMD window will flash, then disappear...this is normal. The batch file will be deleted when finished.
    The IP address settings should be released and renewed and the DNS cache flushed.

Thank You - :)

EDIT -

Also read this M/soft item - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357