pre-installed programs on laptop problem.

mbam daz.

hi.

i recently used a program called slim computer which scans for programs which are pre-installed on your computer when bought new.

i have a toshiba laptop and i was just wondering if anyone knew if its safe to remove the toshiba services and products which came with the computer pre-installed.? will it damage the computer by removing these.?

many thanks.

bye.

Hi mbam daz -

You can try RA Products Uninstallers and see if their "Antiseptic Cleaner" or other cleaners can help with this -

Read the Uninstallers programs there and see if you can find other items that help you with preinstalled items -

It was the first site I used when I purchased my laptop -

Fredvires is collecting as many uninstallers as he can find and lists them on the site -

hi noknojon.

yeah,uninstalling them isnt a problem.its what will happen when i un-install them that is the problem.

they are all toshiba products and programs that i feel i dont need.im not certain if these programs HAVE to be on the computer for it to operate correctly.

many thanks to you.

I would do some research first before removing anything.:P Products like Sony have update programs installed to scan for new driver/software updates from Sony. Don't know about Toshiba, but Dell has the Dell Support Center(in my opinion spyware/adware service)which is perfectly safe to remove and often come with products such as Adobe Reader.

I would check out the Toshiba website and do a some research on there. Also if they have forums you can ask and search on there as well. It is also a good idea to do some research before making major changes to your computer, such as uninstalling things like you want to do.

I agree with Goldhound, best to just disable items from startup, that way if it turns out you do need them, you didn't get rid of them.

Good luck! :P

The only things I would be careful about are OEM specific applications for built-in peripherals such as webcams, memory card /smartcard readers, thumbprint scanners.

Things such as 'solution center/system update/big fix' type crap I get rid of. Also any online backup offerings. I also tend to despise any kind of toobars :P

One thing I like to keep on a laptop are the OEM's brand of power management when available. ...but that's just a personal preference.

hi ,

ive decided to remove what the slim computer recommended and in all honesty i didnt need what was removed and it hasnt affected my computer in any way.

many thanks for the advice.

bye for now.

After going over all the preinstalled programs on my new Toshiba Satellite laptop , I have found that several preinstalled programs/items are related to required items and there are several I would not remove at this time - As per PedroHin , there are several items I would not touch -

I feel that they are required drivers and items that would need to be replaced by 3rd party items - Leave what you think may be OK -