Who is Malwarebytes?

Guest cavehomme

Guest cavehomme

Hi there. I am new to this product and forum and want to know much better about the Malwarebytes company. I cannot find anything on the website.

- what is the name of the legal company?

- who are the main people behind this product and company and what is their history and experience in security or IT?

- what is the physical address of the company? I know that they say something nebulous in that "We are currently looking to open a centralized office location in the San Jose, California area" but this is too vague.

Bottom line is that I believe that a security company should be open about who they are. Sorry if I somehow missed this info elsewhere, but I would appreciate if someone can let me know these things.

Thank you! :(

• Root Admin

We are an Illinois company headquartered in San Jose, California. Our team consists of 30 people that range from sales to research.

We do not give out our San Jose address freely for obvious reasons :(. In the past we've had people come in and thank us for our product or ask us for a tour and that just cuts into productivity.

Guest cavehomme

Thanks for the update guys.

It would still be good to see a short write up on the web site about who you are and what your mission is, etc.

Also, at least in the UK, but I guess also in the US and other offices, there is a often a difference between a registered office (and address) and the business premises of a business. You say that you are an Illinois company in San Jose, so on the "about us" and legal stuff there should be some further detail about that.

Not seeing these things, especially for a security company seems just a bit odd, even if you are a small company.