Can't Install

I have used 1.18 before to remove but this time I am not able to install the Megabytes Ver1.18 or 1.19 from a USB drive or if I copy to the dekstop. Even in safe mode. When double clicked, nothing. Other programs can install without issue. I have re-downloaded and tested on another machine.

I have removed all \vav extentions and all the others I can find.

Thanks

Heavus

Hello,

One last item that gets removed by ver 1.19 then reappears is the Trojan.Vundo. My anti virus ID's it as TR/Zlog.28800.

Any ideas? other than that all removed.

Thanks

There is probably another infection (possibly a rootkit) that is replacing it each time it's removed. Please follow these instruction for posting HijackThis logs and such in our Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs forum and one of our malware removal experts will be more than happy to help you out.

k

Thanks for the input. I finally was able to get this item removed. I updated the AntiVirus to the absolute latest, installed SP3 for XP them rescanned using malwarebytes 1.19. Success. Not sure if SP3 has any credit to this but can't hurt.

Heavus

No SP3 would not have anything to do with it. Vundo is a constantly morphing trojan. New versions all the time. To be sure your clean you really should follow the instructions in the link GT500 gave and start a thread of your own in that forum.