Update Error

Hello,

Start by covering some basics. Insure that your pc is connected to the internet. Does your browser connect otherwise?

Take a look at your modem (if you have one) and insure it shows ready & connected.

As one more item, try one time: Logoff system and Restart fresh. Try update again. Does it work now?

and just in case it does not, we will need a few specifics: Windows version & edition. and if you are using a firewall.

Hello,

Start by covering some basics. Insure that your pc is connected to the internet. Does your browser connect otherwise?

Take a look at your modem (if you have one) and insure it shows ready & connected.

As one more item, try one time: Logoff system and Restart fresh. Try update again. Does it work now?

and just in case it does not, we will need a few specifics: Windows version & edition. and if you are using a firewall.

Internet and browser are fine, modem is fine. I have tried rebooting a couple of times. I am using PC Tools firewall and spyware and I am having trouble getting updates for that as well. I am using Windows vista

Spyware Doctor is an easy-to-use, award winning, comprehensive software suite designed to protect your computer against stealthy spyware, aggressive adware, browser hijackers, malicious ActiveX objects, Malware Trojans, tracking cookies, keyloggers, dialers, as well as other malware. I have had trouble over the past several months completing updates. Their support was no help. I had heard about Malwarebytes from a friend and I downloaded it no problem. However, I can't get updates either and I get the error message.

Hi njfriar -

Spyware Doctor is an easy-to-use, award winning, comprehensive software suite designed to protect your computer against stealthy spyware, aggressive adware, browser hijackers, malicious ActiveX objects, Malware Trojans, tracking cookies, keyloggers, dialers, as well as other malware :):)

Disable SpywareDoctor and try to update again - I hope you do not have any Norton products also - If you do, then also disable them and try an update -

Once you update we can add exclusions to most Antivirus programs so that you can update safely -

Please post back with the results -

Thank You - :)