HP Quite shameful

DarkSnakeKobra

Hi everyone,

I have an intresting story for you. Just yesterday I treated myself to an HP Officejet all in one printer(including wireless and bluetooth :D ) I just happened to have time today and installed the software an to my suprise Hp did more then what I wanted.

Hp decide to install the Yahoo Toolbar without my permision. I got no warning no do you want to or not. Nothing. :angry:

So everyone please beware of even the printer companies as they are being more pushy about this kinda of junk.

Note: I hope this thread shows up right, as I'm doing this on my Nintendo Wii. So sorry ahead of time if this doesn't show right.

No problem.:angry:

Yep. Love it.

Although it doesn't come with the browser by default. You have to buy it. Quite interesting the browser(aka Internet Channel) is powered by Opera. However it doesn't look anything like it. Plus you can view only one page at a time. Even worse it comes with Adobe Flash 7 installed(can't remove or turn off). Which doesn't support most web pages anymore.

That sucks

Issue

Why did HP include the HP Yahoo! Toolbar with my printer installation?

Response

HP included the Yahoo! Toolbar software for the following reasons:

To give you easy, one-click access to HP Web resources

Find free on-line classes and creative project ideas.

Access HP support, software, product, accessories and supplies with one click.

Search the Web safely with the Yahoo! search engine.

Get free downloads and special offers at HP Smart Deals.

To help you learn to print from the Web, in the way that you want it

Use HP Smart Web Printing to select, store, and organize text and graphics from multiple Web pages.

Edit and print exactly what you find online.

To give you fast and convenient access to Snapfish

Access Snapfish, a leading online photo service.

Share, print, and store photos at the lowest prices (first 25 prints are FREE).

Issue

How do I completely uninstall HP Yahoo! Toolbar?

Solution

To uninstall HP Yahoo! Toolbar, follow the instructions for your operating system.

Wiindows XP

Click Start , click Control Panel , and then double-click Add or Remove Programs .

In the list of installed programs, click Yahoo! Toolbar , and then Remove .

Windows Vista

Click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Control Panel . The Control Panel window opens

Under Programs , click Uninstall a Program .

In the list of installed programs, click Yahoo! Toolbar , and then click Uninstall .

Its all about the money that yahoo and the others paid HP to include it :angry:

Well, Yahoo! Toolbar isn't so bad, so at least its that and not something else. But still. The user should be given the OPTION to install it or not. It should not be forced upon you and discovered after installation of your printer :angry:

Exactly. There are worse things out there like the Ask Toolbar. I did a recommended installation as the only other one was minimal installation. Fortunately it was on my moms. :angry: I had to call my ISP to add the MAC which I grabbed her laptop as it was quicker. As mine was doing the usual.

I am not surprised. I have a HP laptop and it came bundled with a TON of crapware. Mind you I think they pretty much all do from what I can see.

My Canon MP970 printer/copier/scanner that I bought last year didn't have foistware or crapware though. :angry: It's the best and most reliable printer I've ever used by miles, in every respect.

I am not surprised. I have a HP laptop and it came bundled with a TON of crapware. Mind you I think they pretty much all do from what I can see.

My Canon MP970 printer/copier/scanner that I bought last year didn't have foistware or crapware though. :angry: It's the best and most reliable printer I've ever used by miles, in every respect.

We use to have a Canon. Good brand. Did very well. Although I have two HP's and a Lexmark. The new HP replaced the lexmark as refillable ink killed it. The other HP is a Laserjet and is quite old and has no cables. Pretty much it's useless. My grandpa threw it in the package along with my Kaypro 2 and RadioShack TRS-80 Microcomputer. It pretty much just sits below my desk next to the Kaypro.

I just found you can opt out of the toolbar. Although it was not easily seen. Had to click a link to see what's installed. Some people may not notice this right away, and I would prefer that it was not checked by default. Now Ccleaner is more noticeable.

Ah, sneaky eh? :/

CCleaner has a slim build w/ no toolbar btw Buttons.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

Slim build is at the bottom. :angry: I've never installed the regular version.