MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING

Hi -

Are you running Norton A/V? -

Anyone that is running Norton internet security that still has the update error (12150,0, win http query headers ) do you have nortons add on pac? If not, you are probily one of the few that has had no problems. If you have the add on pac you can go to setting then click on parental and privacy controls and disable them. Mbam will update with no problems

Someone has found the problem that is with the add on pac and hopefuly norton will have a fix.

Thank You - :)

Hi -

Are you running Norton A/V? -

Anyone that is running Norton internet security that still has the update error (12150,0, win http query headers ) do you have nortons add on pac? If not, you are probily one of the few that has had no problems. If you have the add on pac you can go to setting then click on parental and privacy controls and disable them. Mbam will update with no problems

Someone has found the problem that is with the add on pac and hopefuly norton will have a fix.

I am not using any Norton products, my antivirus is Vipre Premium. I have disabled the firewall to test that, it did not help?

I am running Windows XP pro, firewalls are down for testing, other pc's on network updating normally.

Thanks for the reply, any other suggestions?

Hi -

This was given by Sunbelt / VIPRE -

For those using VIPRE PREMIUM and having problems with V1.45 updating, here is the fix.

-Open VIPRE

-click Web Filter Settings

-click Allowed Web Sites

-add "data-cdn.mbamupdates.com" (without the quotes)

-click OK

Close VIPRE

Now MBAM V1.45 will update normally.

VIPRE picture supplied -

Hi -

This was given by Sunbelt / VIPRE -

For those using VIPRE PREMIUM and having problems with V1.45 updating, here is the fix.

-Open VIPRE

-click Web Filter Settings

-click Allowed Web Sites

-add "data-cdn.mbamupdates.com" (without the quotes)

-click OK

Close VIPRE

Now MBAM V1.45 will update normally.

VIPRE picture supplied -

That did the trick, thanks a million for your help noknojon!!

Hi, have same problem and I am running Norton A/V Corporate Edition (USAF Approved for Home Use) First couple of times I used Malwarebytes and ran the update there was no problem. Now suddenly I cant update! Not sure what to do at this point. I have un-installed and re-installed Version 1.45 and am still getting this error. I am running XP Home with all the service packs.

Hi Battlecat -

Try to disable any Add on packs from your Norton - They will block some downloads -

Hi noknojon,

Thanks for the info, not sure of any add on packs the Norton may have (or have gotten) only thing I manually run on it is live update and i only ever see it updating the virus files. I will have a look tonight when I get home from work.

• 2 weeks later...
Corp Ed of norton does not have this ad on pack..... what version of Norton Corp are you using?

Symantec Endpoint Protection latest version does not have this issue with Malwarebytes....

Hello Firefox, sorry its taking me so long to reply in here. I got the last "Home Use Program" version Of Norton last fall. Not sure of the Version itself, will check tonight and post it in here. Anyway, I am going to have one of our IT guys at the office get me a copy of the newest Home Use Program Version of "Symantec Endpoint" and burn it to a CD so I can take it home and install it. Will take a couple of days to get it.

What I did find in the meantime however......

It is deffinately the Norton Firewall that is blocking the ability to update MBAM. I discovered this with a little experimentation (and some desperation lol). I disabled the Norton Firewall (came with the version of Norton im using from the Air Force Home Use Program) and then clicked on the update button for MBAM...WA-LA!!! It worked just fine!!!! MBAM updated fast, quick and with no issues!!!

So, I Re-enabled the fire wall then clicked the update button again for MBAM and got the error.

I have since tested this by routinely updating MBAM, first by not dis-abling the firewall (and yes I went into the firewall settings and listed every MBAM file I could find as being "PERMITTED" to acces the internet.) and hitting the update button...Always get the error. Dis-able Firewall and click the update button...works flawlessly.

I will be installing the Symantec Endpoint later on this week and removing the old Norton.

So now I have ANOTHER issue that Ill post about in another thread...Last Night I got new Updates from Microsoft and got the latest "Malicious Software Removal" tool as I always do once a month. After the re-boot to have the new updates take effect, The Malicious Software Removal tool immediately popped up saying I had a Virus.

In all the many iterations of getting this tool (seems to be updated once a month or so by microsoft via automatic updates) I have NEVER had this thing find anything before ... let alone pop up any alerts!!!!

So I ran it in accordance with its instructions....2 and a half hours later, it finished and said that I have "Win32/Alureon.h" ......... It said to do the following...

1.) "Run a Valid AntiVirus Program with the latest updates."

2.) "Re-Boot Your Computer"

So I got the latest "Live Update" for my Norton and ran a full scan. Norton found (1 hour & 26 minutes later) this:

"TROJAN.FAKEAV"

And apparently its fix action was "cleaned that by deletion". When that was all done, It was late, so rather than re-boot, I shut the computer down and went to bed.

So now, Im using this forums wonderful search utility to see who all else has this and how to kill the sucker!!

Many Thanks!!

Battlecatt

well sounds like your norton scan removed the infection for you.

To be sure, update your MBAM and run a quick scan and see if the computer comes back clean.

Below are the exceptions you need to put in your AV and Firewall:

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products

Please post back and let us know how it went.