Cannot view results of scan

On advice of our company IT rep, downloaded the free version of Malwarebytes (from CNET.com-when I tried to do it from the malwarebytes.org web site I was redirected to Geeks.com). I ran a complete scan. A window appeared saying the scan was complete and to click show results to see results. I could not click on the show results button while this window was displayed and when I closed the window the application closed. This happened on two consecutive full scans and one quick scan. By the way, the reason I'm doing this is become my windows xp system no longer allows me to create restore points.

i have the same problem as well on a pc running xp sp3. i run a quick scan and it finds infected files. window pops up saying click on show results to clean. when you click on ok to close the window malwarebytes closes. if i reboot and scan again the drive has not been cleaned.

Hello, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :)

@ trichter

It is quite possible that the malware found on your computer is closing the MBAM program causing these errors.

@ vampiredog

Can you not click on it cause its greyed out or do you not see the button Show Results?

Both of you could use help from the experts:

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Please note that it may take 48 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless its been more than 48 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help.

If you are unable to do all or any of the steps in the link to the directions above, just post your problem into the forum I gave you a link to anyway and someone will be able to assist you.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

If you are a corporate customer please send an email to corporate-support@malwarebytes.org. (NOTE: An order number is required for corporate support.)

Also, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button or erase what the person you are replying to said, as this makes the forum easier to read.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Thank you :)

Good morning: I have also experienced what trichter and vampiredog have reported. I also am running MBAM on XP SP3, and last week Thursday, MBAM flagged a suspicious file, but when I tried to show results, MBAM wholly shut down. I reopened MBAM to find Quarantine empty and the previous scan results not logged. So I manually rescanned (again, it flagged a file), but this time, I skipped the show-results step. The flagged file was now exposed in Quarantine and the scan results logged. Since then, I have not had any further detections (either by MBAM or my Norton AV), and MBAM has been working fine. Odd.

Hi Futon Dog -

Please click on quarantine or delete - If you Quarantined or deleted it there should be no problems -

FIRST UPDATE then run another Quick Scan - There should be results under the LOGS Tab on the front page -

Try this fix and it will give you one new Log , but it will remove any others -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only -

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - :)

• 1 month later...

I have the same exact problem. But with more difficulties. My program closes on each scan, system restore is unresponsive on the confirm point selection screen, all my network settings were messed up because of my Droid incredible mobile broadband connect feature that refuses my modems dsl connection(which is working fine), whenever I reboot I get stuck in a chkdisk loop(shuts down computer when it completes, only way out of it is getting to safe mode menu and selecting last known good config). I've tried randomized mbam.exe names and it still gets closed on the view scan report click. I have also tried winsockxpfix and that is supposed to restore network settings but that requires a system reboot which sends me into the chkdisk loop. I really need something that works. Please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Hi murd -

Malwarebytes is not an antivirus program - It is only an Anti Malware scanner -

Please install an Antivirus now - Even if you click on my signature where it says Microsoft Security Essentials you can install it from there -

Go to Start > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore - Look on the left side for System Restore Settings -

Click on that item and a new box will open - Make sure the Top Left side box is not ticked - Then go back to System restore and click on CCreate a restore point - Set today in the box and it should set the date itself -

Next update to XP SP3 (again the link is in my signature) - This will take a while to install but it is required as M/soft will not support XP SP2 soon even though we do here -

Allow the diskcheck to fully run, then if you have your XP CD run a sfc /scannow check Copy and Paste that item in your Run Box and click OK -

Install the CD and allow the check to finish - If it says "Cannot complete" Just click Ignore or Continue until it has finished -

Reply back after you have done All That and followed the Remove/Re install instructions above - (Keep you busy for a while) -

Thank You - ;)