ip blocking when idle

Did you do a quick scan and a full scan of your computer?

Thanks, I did several full scans and several quick scans and they come up with nothing, also spybot and nod 32 scans, also nothing. I was reading the faq about getting ip blocking when you're not using computer, you should get your computer looked at?

Well I got it taken care of, ended mbam service with task manager, and will use mbam as an on demand scanner. thanks

I am a computer noob about a lot of things, but I know enough to never disable Mbam! I have tried many other malware/anti-virus programs in the past and they have let junk get through that only Malywarebytes was able to identify and destroy. If I always had mbam running in the past, it would have saved me hours of time and many headaches by preventing these attacks.

I have a 13 year old son who loves to download and try every piece of software out there, which makes his computer vulnerable! Viruses/malware have brought his computer to a halt more than once in the past. Rather than squelch his exploring, now I just make sure he ALWAYS has mbam running!

Yes, disabling Mbam surely isn't the right answer.

Are you sure that you closed uTorrent from right-click on task bar image and "close". Cause if you just click the red cross at the upper right corner, uTorrent minimizes, it doesn't close -> IP Blocks still appear

I have also received IP Blocks whilst the computer is idle. Do you notice any kind of unusual behavior or have yyou recently installed new softwares?

I learned that there are no management probems cured by technology.

If you let a 13 year old download and try every piece of software out there then you have to remove the capability of him to do this as this is called "Parenting":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parenting

Did he pay for this computer or did you?

Is he the manager and you the worker?

Yes, disabling Mbam surely isn't the right answer.

Are you sure that you closed uTorrent from right-click on task bar image and "close". Cause if you just click the red cross at the upper right corner, uTorrent minimizes, it doesn't close -> IP Blocks still appear

I have also received IP Blocks whilst the computer is idle. Do you notice any kind of unusual behavior or have yyou recently installed new softwares?

yes utorrent is closed, no unusual behavior, no new software. I had the elder geeks go through this computer and couldn't find anything, mbam is not finding anything, still when it is running it still blocks various ips all by itself. Mbam is a very good scanner especially when used with spybot and rkill.

If it keeps popping up there may be some malware still on your computer that needs attention. I suggest you stop using all P2P software then get help from the experts to look over your computer to see what is running in the background. Follow these steps:

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Please note that it may take 48 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless its been more than 48 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help.

If you are unable to do all or any of the steps in the link to the directions above, just post your problem into the forum I gave you a link to anyway and someone will be able to assist you.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

If you are a corporate customer please send an email to corporate-support@malwarebytes.org. (NOTE: An order number is required for corporate support.)

Also, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button or erase what the person you are replying to said, as this makes the forum easier to read.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Thank you :P