How do I stop someone trying to access my computer?

On the lower right side of the Task Bar, Malwarebytes is constantly reporting messages to me like:

"...successfully blocked access to malicious IP: 117.200.161.212."

and various other IP addresses. This is happening even when I am not accessing the Internet. Is there some program/virus on my computer that is trying to get access? If so, how do I find it?

I ran full scans with Malwarebytes and AVG Anti Virus and neither of them show any threats.

Thank you, in advance, for any ideas.

Yes, uTorrent is connected to whole lot of peers(other computers) which are used for downloading files. When uTorrent connects to a IP that is flagged as a malicious in Malwarebytes' list, Mbam blocks it and sends a pop-up.

You should not be worried, no one is trying to acess your computer. uTorrent is just trying to download something that your son has set it to download :)

Yes, uTorrent is connected to whole lot of peers(other computers) which are used for downloading files. When uTorrent connects to a IP that is flagged as a malicious in Malwarebytes' list, Mbam blocks it and sends a pop-up.

You should not be worried, no one is trying to acess your computer. uTorrent is just trying to download something that your son has set it to download :)

Ah ok, I understand now. I think I'll find a better way for him to transfer files. It's hard for me to keep up with him. LOL

Thanks for your help!

Yes, p2p downloading is piracy, which is illegal. So download at your own risk.

About malware on p2p, it's not that risky to use uTorrent. You just have to use torrents that have high user ratings and positive comments. They more likely are clean for malware.

If you accept that your son downloads "illegally" by using uTorrent, I'd say that uTorrent is one of the safest p2p softwares, cause it's easy to pick good files(you have to search for torrents from specified torrent engine web pages). It's also good to have Mbam running and decreasing the risk with IP Block, just remember to disable the annoying pop-ups :)

Piracy is illegal - use it at your own risk. Around 100 individuals are sued every month!