AVG9.0

dan323

I have purchased AVG 9.0 Internet Security and I also run Malwarebytes. These I see work ok together but I am considering purchasing Malwarebytes. I just upgraded to 1.45 and ran a quick scam and it found a Trojan. Will these work together being that they are both the Full Versions not the free versions.

Hello dan323, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :rolleyes:

AVG and Malwarebytes should get along, but you should add these exclusions to AVG for Malwarebytes, found here, to prevent any possible freezing issues.

Also, AVG has had some issues off and on lately having their software get along with Malwarebytes, but, hopefully this isn't an issue currently. (I am not quite sure if is an issue currently, someone currently using AVG might know though so if they do I am sure someone may jump in here).

I used to use AVG 8.5 and Mbam in realtime together and I didn't have any issues with them.

As a side note, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button located at the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps and feel free to post if you have any further questions! ;)

Hello dan323, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :rolleyes:

AVG and Malwarebytes should get along, but you should add these exclusions to AVG for Malwarebytes, found here, to prevent any possible freezing issues.

Also, AVG has had some issues off and on lately having their software get along with Malwarebytes, but, hopefully this isn't an issue currently. (I am not quite sure if is an issue currently, someone currently using AVG might know though so if they do I am sure someone may jump in here).

I used to use AVG 8.5 and Mbam in realtime together and I didn't have any issues with them.

As a side note, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button located at the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps and feel free to post if you have any further questions! ;)

I have purchased AVG 9.0 Internet Security and I also run Malwarebytes. These I see work ok together but I am considering purchasing Malwarebytes. I just upgraded to 1.45 and ran a quick scam and it found a Trojan. Will these work together being that they are both the Full Versions not the free versions.

Hi dan323 and welcome to malwarebytes'!

Malwarebytes' is an anti-malware not anti-virus and is designed to complement your existing security. Also you should never run two anti-virus in real-time.

I agree with chimpy, he should get checked out.

Follow these steps on how to clean your system. I don't think you have to worry to much about not finishing some steps.

We don't work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

• Root Admin

Well I don't know the exact cause yet as I've not had time to digest it, but I was running Avira 9 and then it kept popping up telling me to install version 10. So I finally did and it found the old one and wanted to remove it, I said ok, rebooted then installed version 10 and then my box was just dead slow. No conflict with MBAM as I did not have it installed. Waited thinking maybe it was just updating or something but after 30 minutes finally had to boot into safe mode and uninstall it.

Maybe a fluke or some odd file was hanging not sure and didn't have time to test it out. Hopefully I'll retest in the next day or two and see how it goes this time.