No Start On box with Windows 2000

Applied Patch, restared my system and the "Start on" box was present, but...

The was no AM/PM on the time. When I added an Update and Scan the upper window Scheduler did not display the

time or date data on the items.

I checked the Register and there was and entry for "SchedulerQueue" REG_MULTI_SZ with

4096, 30069122, 390565888, 1, 0 | 30069189, 627757055 12591108, 30069130, 2030827520, 1, 0 | 0, 0

I set it for 10:55 for am Update and 11:00 for an Scan - Nothing poped up BUT my machine LOCKed Up and I had to do

a HARD (Reset Button) reboot.

I have turned off "Start with Windows"

I am willing to BETA test again - Hope I can help fine a soultion for Windows 2000.

I checked my Vista Machine and the Scheduled Updates and Scans ran fine......

• Root Admin

Please do the following to see if it resolves the issue. Make sure you apply the new patch as well and reboot the computer again and let us know if the problem persists.

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or post to ask and we'll explain how to do it.

I followed your instruction to the letter ( this make 8 times I have re-install 1.45). Install, Patched rebooted, reentered key and same problem. :):)

Notes:

The Link to download from CNET is the bad file with size 5780kbytes - this file get the Cannot import mbam.dll error. I download the fixed one from link on Post from fileforumbetanews.com - it is 5781Kbyes in size and loads fine.

Problem is still the same - did note that the time displayed in the "Start on" box is 24-hour clock, but when adding a Scan or Update the date/time does not appear in

upper window "Start on" column.

• 3 weeks later...

Did a manual update to 1.46 this afternoon and all seems okay. Scheduled a Daily Scan and hourly Update - Scan and Update ran and did not lock up my Windows 2000 PC.

Scheduling is still in 24 hours format on Windows 2000 - that's okay with me.

Thanks for everyones efforts at Malwarebytes..... :)