Using firefox, should I unistall internet explorer now

lost456

lost456, welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :)

Just to add to what marktreg said, you also need to keep it for checking manually for updates for your computer if you are using Windows 2000 or XP.

Leave Internet Explorer alone. It's always good to have a backup browser in case you need it, plus for the two reasons above :)

Thats very interesting Marktreg and Mountaintree16, I did not know this either, I was going to uninstall IE once chrome gets a few more add-ons so that would be my back up browser but I do know a few people that run XP and have uninstalled IE so I wonder if they know they are not getting windows updates now, I will have to tell them as its been a long time since they did that.

You can't uninstall Internet Explorer from Windows XP (or Vista for that matter), you can only roll back to the original version that the OS came with (for XP it would be IE6, for Vista it would be IE7), something I DO NOT recommend since IE6 is incredibly insecure, even if not used as your browser it leaves you open to many critical vulnerabilities. Windows 7 is the only version of Windows you can currently completely remove Internet Explorer from, and doing so should not prevent MBAM from being able to update, you'd just have to access your Internet Settings in the Control Panel instead of through IE if the configuration was incorrect.

Thanks for the information, Exile. I learned something new today :)

I didn't know that you couldn't uninstall IE. Probably a good thing, although rolling back to IE6 is a bad idea, I totally agree.