About IP Protection in UTorrent

Im a torrent addicted downloading.

The uploader im downloading is really a trusted person and ever since it has no problem downloading his movies.

Last 2days i just installed MBAM and without knowing the effect of IP protection.

Also on that day im downloading a movie using Utorrent.

I have no idea about the IP numbers that you need to "Add ignore list".

My question is?

"I remember that i didnt Add ignore list the Ip number but the downloading is continuing so i taught its FINE".

Suddently today after the movie file is finish.

I notice a blurry and stopping scenes and im sure its not normal.

Does MBAM IP Protection affect my Torrent Download?because i didnt add ignore list the ip?

Today my set up is disable start up IP so it think this is the best way.

MBAM will not affect your torrent file that you are downloading, more than likely you got a movie that was either corrupt or of bad quality.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Ok!

Here's my question.

Im sure IP protection blocks the addresses if you didnt " add to ignore list" because ive tested it. Right?

Im thinking maybe the MBAM block the TRACKERS because i didnt ignore list it.

Im sure the file is 100% finish.

And the uploader i downloaded is really working fine because i have downloaded his movies a plenty of times without problem except this movie. And also has many comments without having complaining the movie.

Have you try downloading using torrent without " Clicking the Ignore IP Addresses popping up"?

@ chubalz

Or the movie could have potentially been infected.

As for blocking IP's, that could leave yourself open to infection ;) The choice is yours.

Also, please use the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom of the page when replying. Thanks. :D

@ chubalz

Or the movie could have potentially been infected.

As for blocking IP's, that could leave yourself open to infection ;) The choice is yours.

Also, please use the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom of the page when replying. Thanks. :D

The movie is not infected.

Ive scan it using MBAM and Avast fully updated.

@ chubalz

Well, hopefully its not infected ;)

You might have a look here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=179092

and click on the links that Maurice & I give.

Please use the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom of the page. Thanks :D

I think the best way to test it.

I'll Download it again without the Ip Protection.

This to test what really cause the movie stopping.

Actually its from Piratebay and VIP Uploader.

And im sure its not the malicious sites cause this because everyday i downloaded their site.

This is the first time problem occurs to me after installing MBAM.

Avast is good but im not saying 100% blocking malicious site.

I like MBAM but im still learning it.

Avast + MBAM = 99% SAFE ;)

No protection software is 100% safe.

All were created only by human and no one is perfect. :D

@ chubalz

Very true, well said.

Nothing is 100% safe, but, a user can be as safe as possible.

I recommend NOT using uTorrent or any torrent for that matter, or the Piratebay or anything similar.

As long as you know the risks of using torrents and sites such as the pirate bay...

Hulu is a great site to watch movies & tv shows SAFELY and for free: www.hulu.com/

And please read Swandog46's post here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=32783

Paying special attention to this:

Please note that we do not recommend doing this as a general rule every time you see an IP block! -- we recommend instead, if you believe a particular IP is being blocked in error, that you report it to us as a false positive.

@ you can test that if you like, but I do not think it would be a fair test, as MBAM would not corrupt the file. There are so many things that could cause it to get corrupted. It may download just fine the second time around. You would probably have to download it a few times with protection enabled and disabled to know for sure.

Utorrent should have things in place that checks each piece that it recieves and if it is bad, it redownloads that piece.

So not sure what to tell you, aside that MBAM would not corrupt it. If MBAM blocks an IP, you would not be able to get to it, or even download it to begin with. Besides the IP blocks you are getting are probably from other locations trying to connect you you so that you can upload the file to them.

@firefox

Yeah your right.

Utorrent recheck the file if it has missed.

Im thinking maybe i glitch done this or really the movie file can problem.

But im really confuse because no one complains his upload and has many good comments.

@mountaintree16

I think Hulu is Streaming Site?

Im collecting Blueray Rip copies and burn it to dvd ;)

@ chubalz

Yes, Hulu is streaming ;)

I hope you are using those DVD's just for yourself :D

If you ever do get infected and need help in the Malware Removal Forum you will be asked to remove any torrent programs found, as per policy of receiving help there.