Something wierd is going on with Malware Bytes'

Ok, this seemed to start as soon as I installed MB. I continually would freeze as soon as the system was all booted up and MB had just started up to do the real-time protection. I was using Windows 7 so I thought maybe a compatibility issue. So I installed it onto my XP boot (same disk as Win7). The first couple of times no problem. Then recently booted into WinXP and it froze without MB have started. I did some scans and found Win32.Trojan.Agent.MB on Win 7 with ad-aware. So I went to XP to see if it migrated, XP froze as soon as I clicked the MB icon. I rebooted and tried again, this time the system re-booted when I clicked the MB icon. I booted into Win 7 and tried to use MB and sure enough the system shut down.

I finally gave up on MB and tried to remove the virus with a copy of Panda (free trial) that seemed to remove the bug, although I cannot boot into Win 7 for longer than 10 minutes or so before it freezes.

I wanted to try my XP boot again, happily when I did it never froze; I moved around the house read some articles online, read some emails so on and so forth XP up and running great for at least an hour or more. Then I downloaded the most recent version of MB and it installed, then as soon as the updates installed it froze. I didn't give up hope I re-booted and again tried to click the icon for a scan and I am now typing on my laptop looking at a frozen $1000 computer I have had for 2 weeks. Any clue as to what the heck is going on? Does this version of Win32.Trojan.Agent.MB attack MB(MalwareBytes') specifically? I mean obviously there are other issues going on with it but it seems this virus is smart and really wants to kill MBam. Any ideas???

Thanks in advance for any info.

Welcome porkpixie -

There is an infection issue that needs to be solved - If you wish us to fix it please read on -

As we don't work on detailed Malware removal in the general forums so follow these instructions -.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available -

Thank You - :huh:

Hello dorkpixie, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Sorry to hear this dorkpixie - :)

This infection is getting worse as we speak - Please just follow as many steps in the advice that you can and then post it in the area that Firefox and I have given to you - You will be guided by an expert who has come across these types of things several times prior to your posting -

We can do no more here as this infection "Smart Advisor" is slowly taking over your system -

Remove it by following as much as you can then move to the next step - Please -

Thank You - :)