Won't run after a few seconds

Everytime I load it up, after a few seconds it closes itself down. It's not showing that there was any kind of error or anything. This is the first time I've ever experienced anything like this (I blame Safari, first time I've ever used it and this crap happened). To add insult to injury I can't even install Firefox. What could be the cause of this?

Hi projektsmiley -

Have you ever had any error messages while trying to load or update the program -

Also can you run Windows Internet Explorer While trying to download as this may give a better idea of error messages -

If you are on a Mac do you get any error messages -

nope no error messages at all. I just try to open it and it closes almost automatically

Hi again -

I understand by that you have Malwarebytes already on your screen -

If you do then can you please follow the un/re install instructions at item #16 in the link below - It will clean install a new version and hopefully update as well - If not please click on update if it installs and then see if it will run -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...ost&p=49525

Thank you - :)

P.S. please hit Fast Reply unless you are commenting on another post -

Hi again -

I understand by that you have Malwarebytes already on your screen -

If you do then can you please follow the un/re install instructions at item #16 in the link below - It will clean install a new version and hopefully update as well - If not please click on update if it installs and then see if it will run -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...ost&p=49525

P.S. please hit Fast Reply unless you are commenting on another post -

ok cool, I'll give that a try. Thanks

Hi Again -

When you complete that , if you still have problems there is a posting in the same FAQ area about AVG antivirus blocking install and updates of Malwarebytes -

It can read the install etc. as an unwanted or new unrecognised item , due to its internal nature -

Can you also read and follow the instructions there - If you have any questions about it please post back -

I will be here for a while and will track your progress and try to assist you if I can - :)

Except for getting the odd cup of coffee - :)

Please let us know how you are going - :)

PS. Please hit the Fast Reply when answering -

Hi projektsmiley -

Have you ever had any error messages while trying to load or update the program -

Also can you run Windows Internet Explorer While trying to download as this may give a better idea of error messages -

If you are on a Mac do you get any error messages -

I was not aware that they MAC Verison? :)

Thanks both of you but there seems no Major problem with I.E. - They noted that Firefox would not install - Assume same with Chrome first -

More a connection problem even though the error messages are not displayed -

This will be covered by the FAQ section, in the 732 section or AVG blocking -

EDIT -

@ Firefox - They have now admitted that a MAC is no longer as invincible as was once thought - (Not sure if MBAM is aware of this) -

PS. I also run Safari as a backup browser, even though I run XP SP3 -

Hi projektsmiley -

That is what I am running XP SP3 and I also use Safari as a part time browser - Have you read the items pinned above this section that relate to AVG and allowing Malwarebytes a clear run -

If you do not think that may be your problem then please read below to investigate if you have an infection problem -

As we don't work on full Malware removal in the general forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

EDIT -

I would like you to read the item on AVG via the link below -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=167851