MB Will Not Update

So last week my computer became infected with a trojan. This trojan would not let Malawarebytes scan my PC. So I restarted in safe mode where Malawarebytes was able to scan and successfully remove the trojan. Now when I try to update Malawarebytes I get "Error Code 732 (0, 0)". Now I have uninstalled and reinstalled Malawarebytes, and I have done a system restore to before my PC got the trojan. Unfortunately neither of them have worked at fixing my problem. Anybody have any advice on how this can be fixed?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Hello Bommer1,

Please see this note by Ron

"Section D - Automatically Detect Settings in IE"

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=162097

Does that help? Success in getting updates?

I am concerned that you may still be infected, since System restore will not guarantee the cure, because malwares can well hide in areas that it does not cover.

Let me know if the update works and what results you get.

Hello Bommer1,

Please see this note by Ron

"Section D - Automatically Detect Settings in IE"

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=162097

Does that help? Success in getting updates?

I am concerned that you may still be infected, since System restore will not guarantee the cure, because malwares can well hide in areas that it does not cover.

Let me know if the update works and what results you get.

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately that did not work in getting updates. Any idea on a next step?

• Root Admin

If you have tried the items in the FAQ and you're still unable to update the program please follow the instructions below.

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org