Malwarebytes extension blocking video play

I have installed version 5.1.6.117.  I have the latest updates as of 7/1/2024. I'm using Edge browser on a Windows 11 laptop. Not sure when my problem started (maybe a couple weeks). My issue is that for example on foxnews.com, I'll click on an article, the page that opens has a video. I click on it to play. All that happens is a spinning circle. When I disable the malwarebytes extension, repeat the process, the video will play.

Can anyone tell me how to correct this issue ?  Thank you. 

3 hours ago, DJjazzy said:

Can anyone tell me how to correct this issue ?  Thank you. 

If you're having issues with Malwarebytes Browser Guard you may want to try to update the program manually.

• Click on the extension icon 

image.png.c3d1355b1668828e969c67a051b3c18b.pngIf you can not see the Browser Guard icon in the browser toolbar, click the puzzle icon and unhide or pin the icon.

• Click the Kebab Menu -> then Support
  • Click the Check for database updates button
  • If still having an issue then click Clear Browser Guard Storage, Restart the Browser, and check for Database Updates again

image.gif.a81e13d47bd5b1d589aa859a563bb093.gif

image.png.f1a093ce4d6744fa269c85c21baa9e7b.png

image.png.f2ed1b37ed950b18d48630e1f9c35ed6.png

image.png.cae9d2e8c4d2f4d09faa1657dd196a56.png

• 2 weeks later...