Summer 2024

NewTricks

These little fawns broke my heart. Too young to know I was a threat, they just froze in place checking me out. They were still incredibly close to "civilization" without knowing what that was. They may have been abandoned....

• Like 1

More unlined summer socks from Darn Tough. I like the purple, but LOVE the teal.

The eGym machines are like cell phones, you only use a fraction of their capability because to learn it all would take too much energy! Maybe the young guys or gym rats do more.

Left to right, leg curls, leg extensions and leg presses. Sure, I give myself a break after some reps, it's the only way I can continue. But I ran into reality. Despite my zeal for improvement, my ankle talks to me later and says, BACK OFF SISTER.

DarnToughSummer24.jpg

CurlsExtensonsPresses.jpg

After a hard morning, I indulged myself.

My refrigerator and freezer contain BBQ ribs, Bourbon laced baked beans, cranberry orange muffins, applesauce bread and seafood salad. I neutralized my guilt with corn, okra and roasting vegetables (Brussels sprouts, butternut squash and onions)

Later I checked out Jason Statham's new movie Beekeeper. With a 7 day Paramount trial, I'm using it for seasons of NCIS that I can't get from the library.

Jason is looking good with his full beard and choreographed fight scenes. The subject matter, falling for scams, is much the same that occupies our discussion and posts here.

• Like 1

If washing dishes is considered "wild" then oh BOY, was it ever. 🤠

Some incessant NCIS viewing before my Paramount trial expires Wednesday. Although Gary Cole is an acceptable substitute for Mark Harmon, the writers have watered down a lot of the humor that was the trademark of earlier seasons. Season 22 is coming in October 24 called Origins. A prequel story of Gibbs, combined with Ziva and DiNozzo's parenting of little Tali (now 13.) That might be worth the $5.99 monthly charge for Paramount.

Burned through some gas to acquire Organic Kombucha in the city. I reserved 2 six packs the day before. Upon arrival this morning, one box was damaged and only 4 cans remained. The manager sweetly listened to my concerns. As a result, she gave me  a discount, plus a gift card.

I'm feeling love for 1Password.  Also biting the bullet to continually add my master list and improve weak passwords as I go along. Years ago I despaired of ever corralling them in one place. Then I needed a process to jump from site to site without the agony of typing those strong ones daily. Voila! Two birds, one stone.

• Haha 1

• Root Admin

My wife loves the detective shows like that but I quickly tire of them as they typically have about 3 motives that seem to carry the majority of their shows.

Just helped a female friend of my brothers' that is close to 80 get setup with a new computer and 1Password - so far she is quite impressed with how easy 1Password is once setup and learn to use it but that she can now be away from home on vacation and still have access to any site via the 1Password on her phone if wanted.

• Like 1

It's all about the journey, not the destination. The motives may be few and cliched, but the problem solving style (Columbo/Falk) is the ticket. 

His "bumbling Doofus" persona dissolved the suspect's arrogance, which put chinks in their armor. He then noticed some small, insignificant overlooked detail, which became the key evidence in solving the case.

Sure, that doesn't happen with NCIS, a family show geared towards teens, but watched mostly by geezers. (I call myself a 'geezette') 👵 Some object & insist that the realm of "geezerdom" is strictly male. 

Too bad, I stand my ground. 🤓

• Haha 1

Oh, forgot to add that I truly admire your 80 year old 1Password 'inductee' that bravely uses that on her phone. Congrats for a new disciple. 👌

Two requirements for successful use:

1. Decent eyesight

2. Nimble fingers (or a stylus with excellent fine motor skills.)

1Password IS on my phone b-b-b-but not exactly used yet. I am too 😬 at the moment. 

• Haha 1

The genus Hibiscus  contains "multitudes." Generally it can be separated into "hardy, Rose of Sharon and tropical." This shade of red has eluded me for years. My conclusion is: atmospheric light determines what the camera lens captures. We could argue, but let's not.

Profuse blooms have been called " a riot of color." Sometimes easy to overlook in our lives, but outstanding when sought out intentionally.

Hibiscus.jpg

RoseOfSharon1.jpg

RoseOfSharonMany.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

My "frequent" posting here has an unintended benefit. The last 15 months has heightened my awareness of the natural world, created a desire to be in it, and brought me "back" to my first love- horticulture.

Along the way, I've pushed myself to learn more about IrfanView, helped others transfer photos from camera to desktop and organize decades of digital media. I had no problem with creating albums and scrapbooks, but took a pass on everything else.

Encouragement helps, thank you.  Now it's part of my daily life. Pretty nice. 🌺

Edited by NewTricks
typo
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I stopped in the Salvation Army Store and picked up a keyboard. The price says, $6.99, but the payment was $3.50. Lenovo can never compete with Logitech, but when the letters wear off those $10 keyboards, something's gotta give. 

Happy so far-only been an hour though....😄

lenovo keyboard.jpg

Edited by NewTricks
  • Like 1