Summer 2024

NewTricks

Finally worked up the patience and time to call Equifax to regain access to my account. I encountered a forgotten password loop that clearly showed an error.

Only 38 minutes and lived through it successfully-receiving their mail and designing a "Fantastic" password, according to 1 Password. That may be better than excellent.

Lesson learned:

Document all details, even if you don't think you'll need them. With multiple email addresses in Google, Fastmail, Tuta, Outlook and Spectrum, something had to give. 🙃

• Sad 1

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, NewTricks said:

Document all details

BINGO

So many people I've tried to help over the past decades that you simply cannot help because the person did not document the software or password or purchase, etc. etc.

Keeping good, legible, well documented facts is essential and updating those records as things change. You need to document that change as well.

I must admit that probably the first five years I did not document things well but for the past thirty I have pretty good documentation on all things related to the computer and it has paid off more times than I can count

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

updating those records as things change. You need to document that change as well.

Essential for well being and peace of mind. Multiple efforts started strong, minute detailed notes, consolidation and then updating fell by the wayside.

• The first in a book started 23 years ago
  • The second in a book from 2017
  • The third in a digital file started in 2022
  • The fourth in 1Password 2024

There's a swarm of bees in my bonnet now about this since August, when Social Security transitioned and further driven home by the National Public Data breach. The ultimate goal is to input all currently relevant in 1Password, including secure notes. Since I can be a Nervous Nelly, I want to figure out a way to make a complete printout or backup copy of THOSE entries, since we all know nothing in this digital world is guaranteed.

I'm a lot closer to that goal than any time in the past, and it's tops on my bucket list, so I KNOW I will get 'er done. Maybe even by the end of this year.

12 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

I must admit that probably the first five years I did not document things well but for the past thirty I have pretty good documentation on all things related to the computer and it has paid off more times than I can count

Good to see you share your own experiences and how you've changed and stuck with it. The last part of the sentence is the ultimate benefit. I don't personally know any guys who would do it and value it (aside from this forum perhaps).

A deer family here has been bold and brazen, eating trees, grass and shrubs. An adult with 5 babies come out before 7 AM. I get a kick out of it, even if I have to take a pic through the screen. Screens don't come out easily here, so I just live with it. When they see me, they hide behind a large tree, peek out then relax and come out. Today, they were on the patio. Unusual to see that in the warm months, usually they come in the middle of February. Maybe they sense the new friendly management attitude.

PineTreeGroup.jpg

Wednesday Patio.jpg

• Like 1

LOL - It is the fall, rutting, season.  You'll see 'em even more at Dawn and Dusk.

Which is a reminder as one drives.  Be aware that a Deer can literally dart across a road, right in front of you, on or near Dusk.  On dark roads, with little traffic, use your auto's High Beam.

EDIT:

If I get this right, @NewTricks took the photos in the AM.

Edited by David H. Lipman

• Root Admin

Missing my point. If per se in my own life. I'm past retirement age. In my entire life I've NEVER  seen any type of deer grazing anywhere near any home I've ever lived at.

If suddenly I do see them, then "something" has changed. That is my point.

If @NewTricks is simply showing images and often sees them at different times of the year then that too is great, it just seemed liked she was surprised was all.

Unusual to see that in the warm months, usually they come in the middle of February.

Well, this thread may make @NewTricks more cognizant of their presence along with the rut making a notable event.

I see so many Deer here, I love lot it.  I especially love Venison.  Venison tender loin cooked over an open fire is an awesome dinner.

Edited by David H. Lipman
Edited for content, clarity, spelling and/or grammar

13 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

"something" is driving them to seek other locations

Yes, this was the point.

Being near a wooded area with running water, it's been normal to see occasional sightings. This year in particular, that's exponentially increased. 

The two little fawns in broad daylight, adults in daylight, crossings in daylight.... something is happening. 

Or - all this was going on previously, but now I'm outdoors to see it. 

Nevet had venison, but I now see it plentiful in all stores.

I knew vaguely about the rut however didn't relate it to seasonal population. 

Yes, all photos in the AM. Age has turned me into a morning person. It takes an act of G-d to get me outside after 6 PM. 😆  

• Like 1