AdAware specials

noknojon

I actually got it back when I worked at CompUSA. They had a disc from Verizon offering a bunch of free games. It was a promotional thing for signing up for Verizon DSL, which I did since it was the only service available at my apartment complex anyway, so I did that, got the games, and got a discounted rate for the first 24 months :) .

Oh sweet :)

I wanna play it but don't really know a safe source. I could probably buy it on CD maybe actually if its for sale in a department store or something :) I'll look next time I am at one.

I'm not saying that the games themselves are bad, in fact I own a copy of Bejeweled 2 Deluxe myself, I just don't think it's appropriate for an anti-adware company to partner with a company known for producing adware just to try to boost the sales of their security product or increase profits (like the Ask Toolbar, which is now bundled with far too many security programs :) ).

At least I know that my CD of Bejeweled 2 Deluxe is (generally) not a problem - I did have a minor drama but they sent a patch and it fixed it - :)

They seemed honest at that time and I hope they stay that way - :(

P.S. When do you ever get time to play games like these - Between work and here and other sites .... :(

I don't think PopCap was ever blatantly malicious, you have to remember they made adware, not spyware and there's a huge difference between the two. Adware just shows advertisements, spyware harvests data and/or tracks your usage of your PC in some way (like through your browser with a toolbar and/or BHO).

When do you ever get time to play games like these - Between work and here and other sites
I hardly ever sleep ;) .