Very slow scans on Android

Im using the latest MB version 5.5.1. Both scheduled and manual scans are very slow. I have around 500 apps and it sometime takes around 2 hours for a full scan. Before it took around 5 min for a full scan. I have had this issue for a long time now. Battery optimization is turned off. I have tried to reinstall but did not fix the issue. Im on Android 14. Does anyone else experiencing this? Whats the issue and how do I fix this?

Second thing is when entering the app I get directed to scan status everytime. In there shows that full scan is done but the button shows "Stop" like it still scanning. Should I not be directed to the dashboard instead? Also in scanning status the clock is static and changes when the app starts to scan next app. Is this normal?

• 2 months later...

I have had this same issue (very slow scanning) and everything I have found always says to uninstall and reinstall but NEVER an actual resolution. This has been going on for at least two years now and on at least 3 different phones (Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 7 Pro, Galaxy S21 Ultra) so I find it very hard to believe this is a phone issue. I don't think Marcin Kleczynski, the founder of Malwarebytes or any of his employees or engineers care either because this has been a known issue for as long as I can remember and they never seem to even attempt to fix it. The mobile app is such a small portion of their business that this is clearly at the bottom of the fix list and doesn't seem to be rising in priority. My advice, stop paying for it and just use the free version scans at night while you sleep. MAYBE if you are lucky, the scan will be completed by the time you wake up

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have talked to the support about this and they said that this should be addressed in the next update with version 5.9. They did not have a ETA. I hope they figure it out and can fix the slow scan.

• Like 1