Manny Pacquiao defeats Miguel Cotto

AdvancedSetup

• Root Admin

I know everyone (well a lot of people want to see it) and I do too, but only because I really hope that Pacquiao would be able to put him down as well and silence his arrogant attitude. I generally don't think about it too much, but after viewing a recent TV interview with Floyd Mayweather I was appalled at his extreme arrogance.

Who? Not "Money" Mayweather... Lol! :) He is pretty arrogant but has his career and record to back it up, can't argue with that. Either way, I think it would be a tremendous fight. Only thing I could think of that would make it a quick fight would be not knowing if Mayweather can take a hit since he's really never taken a hit.

• Root Admin
He is pretty arrogant but has his career and record to back it up, can't argue with that.

Sorry, but I can and do argue with that. Look back in history of the many people in sports with excellent track record and you don't find too many with anywhere near the level of arrogance as him. Though some of today's modern sports figures seem to feel they have some given right to act and sound so foolishly. Maybe I'm just too old and remembering back when it was okay to have a modicum of humbleness.

Sugar Ray Leonard (in my opinion a better boxer than Mayweather) was no where close to his level of self proclaimed worth. Marketing one's self and being confident in your skill is one thing, Mayweather left that level way behind and in his own mind teeters on near self proclaimed Deity.

Agreed... Today's athlete is the prima donna for the most part. I guess I'm getting so used to it that it doesn't quite affect me like it would someone's who a generation or two older than me. I am only 25 so I am used to seeing the Allen Iverson's (just talking about practice), the Chad Ochocinco's, Floyd Mayweather's and all the rest.