Stranglehold (GOG) When playing Blocked Website notification for following

Hey guys, just asking for a little answer,

Playing Stranglehold on GOG and get an alert for blocked website when game is ran.

Trojan    /    Outbound

"master10.doublefusion.com"

IP Address 64.190.63.111 

Port 80.

I have scanned PC and all clear , Uninstalled Game, Redownloaded and installed again, and same Block occurs, one to two times per game session.

Just want clarification that this is ok, and i can ignore it, and is just the game doing its thing.

• Staff
23 minutes ago, Buffdaddy123 said:

Hey guys, just asking for a little answer,

Playing Stranglehold on GOG and get an alert for blocked website when game is ran.

Trojan    /    Outbound

"master10.doublefusion.com"

IP Address 64.190.63.111 

Port 80.

I have scanned PC and all clear , Uninstalled Game, Redownloaded and installed again, and same Block occurs, one to two times per game session.

Just want clarification that this is ok, and i can ignore it, and is just the game doing its thing.

Hello-This is an IP block, probably not a massive threat, it looks to be an ad server: 64.190.63.111 | Sedo GmbH | AbuseIPDB

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buffdaddy123 said:

so is it normal for this to happen in some games

It must be due to some server(s) the games are trying to connect to. Steam and many others use p2p connections to play online. As long as the games aren't at risk for connecting to malicious content (which they shouldn't be), you should be able to simply exclude the games' executables from Web Protection using the method described under the Allow an application to connect to the Internet section of this support article.

• Like 1

Thats ok then, the game did have online modes, but i have NO interest in them, I doubt anyone still even plays it online, Just wanted to experience the Story in single player.

I do not need to exclude it as game functions fine for me so i will leave MB to block the site, was just worried it was dodgy, but as you said some games do that, it was purchased from GOG so i would assume was all fine anyway.

I actually redownloaded and reinstalled and same thing occurs so was hoping it was normal behaviour.

Even restored my C drive from a recent image backup i have, but think that was overkill as i do want to play the game.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest.